Weather in September and October

Evangaline

I am toying with a 12 night cruise of the Greece Islands and Turkey starting mid September or beginning of October. I know we can not predict weather but wondered what would be the best choice in terms of temperature and rainfall.

We're going to Greece, Turkey and Croatia the end of September. From what the cruise line reported for weather that time of year, it looks like it will average in the high 60s low 70s during the day. They didn't include rainfall, however, so I don't know about that. Sounds pretty nice to me, though, assuming their information was correct. That temperature was for Athens, Santorini, Kusadasi, Istanbul and Dubrovnik. Of course, if you're out on the water on a cruise ship, or up early in the morning or late at night, it will feel colder.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to Greece and Turkey in September! I hear the middle of summer can be a bit too hot, though!

Late september for greece is one of the best times you can come..athens will be really nice and hot santorini hot but most probable windy and most probable no rain at this time only in corfu or dalmatian coast dubrovnik etc you may have some rain.its really nice time for greece dont worry it might get hot so that you can enjoy the pool on the ship aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd plan on it being warmer than mid 70s during the day in Athens in September. It can still be really warm. October is more pleasant to me -- cooler and fewer crowds. However, your chances of rain increase somewhat. (More so in the Western Med than in the Eastern Med....)

Once when I arrived for a couple of pre-cruise days in Athens it was 99 degrees at the very end of September....

Athens - been early May, late October and early November.

All three times it was quite warm. No rain. Sunny. Definitely NOT low 70's.

Istanbul - the early November trip a cold front came through the night before we arrived. Cold and drizzle. The other two times it was cool but nice. No rain.

Off season is definitely are choice for travel in Europe. September/October is probably the ideal time - or even later.