Special dress nights?

Rescuedogs2

This is our first MSC cruise out of Miami to Bermuda 7-night. I'm sure there will be at least one formal night, but want to be prepared if there are other special dress nights, such as white night or others. Does anyone know what we might expect? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is our first MSC cruise out of Miami to Bermuda 7-night. I'm sure there will be at least one formal night, but want to be prepared if there are other special dress nights, such as white night or others. Does anyone know what we might expect? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I understand, on every 7 night there are two formal (Gala) nights, a white night and Italian night (colors of the Italian flag).

Also a "Flower power" night.

FLAMom, I asked about this (Flower Power night)in our Roll Call and no one knew about it- what is it?

I guess it's pretty much up to you. Some interpret it as wearing flowers and others more of a "hippie" type dress. One of my cabin mates wore a flowery dress and the other went more the "flower child" route with a headband, etc.

Not sure if that helps but I think most people were dressed up for the white night and the Italian night than the Flower Power.

On our previous Divina cruises it was my impression that not all followed the dress for the "special theme" nights. Most who did attended the theme parties held after dinner. We didn't dress for the Flower Power(yes, think hippie years) but did for the white and Italian nights. We didn't attend the parties but saw the videos of them later.

From what I understand, on every 7 night there are two formal (Gala) nights, a white night and Italian night (colors of the Italian flag).

Hi...we sail later in the year, but we are doing the opposite itinery. Are the themes the same for either east or western cruises? Also, with the red white and green night, is that an outfit including all those colours? Or pick just one? Confused :confused:

thanks x

Hi...we sail later in the year, but we are doing the opposite itinery. Are the themes the same for either east or western cruises? Also, with the red white and green night, is that an outfit including all those colours? Or pick just one? Confused :confused:

thanks x

Red white and green night is usually Italian night, so expect Italian Opera in the theatre.

My take on the "suggested" dress is that you should include all the colours as they represent the Italian flag

On my recent cruises with MSC apart from the 3 standard "SUGGESTED DRESS CODE" (It's not complulsary) which are GALA: INFORMAL: CASUAL

There were these themes (they come from more than 1 cruise)

60s - 70s - 80s

Green, Red and White (Italian Night)

White

Masquerade

Costume

Tropical (only when we were in the actual tropics)

So you can see the types of themes and take some mix and match iyems that can be used for more than 1 theme.

unfortunately they don't tell you in advance what the themes are on any particular cruise,

So you will probably get

2 Gala, 3 casual or informal, and 2 themed nights on each 7 night cruise.

On 9 - 13 nights there will be 3 gala, 3- 6 casual or informal, and 2 - 4 themed.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

in last cruise i do not use dress code.

it was a cruise for relax.

in gala's night i just use better clothes but nothing formal.

but prepare in 7 nights:

1 italian night,

2 galas

1 carnaval?

1 casual

Edited by GJP_GJP

in last cruise i do not use dress code.

it was a cruise for relax.

in gala's night i just use better clothes but nothing formal.

but prepare in 7 nights:

1 italian night,

2 galas

1 carnaval?

1 casual

that is only 5 nights, I would suggerst that you should add either 2 informal nights,or, 1 more casual and 1 informal