Note to Silversea Baristas re Coffee

Baggywrinkle99

While sailing in Australia/NZ your local guests are likely to ask for a Flat White coffee. Do not be alarmed by this strange antipodean request. Here is one of many descriptions widely available:

A flat white is similar to a latte and is mostly served in Australia and New Zealand. The drink is prepared, like a latte, with espresso and milk. The main difference between a latte and a flat white is the ratio of milk and espresso.

The flat white has less milk than a latte and usually a bit less foam on top.

It is NOT a small espresso with a large glass of ice cold milk on the side :eek:

I have finally found a way to get coffee the way I like it. I take one of the big mugs and ask for a double shot of espresso and then foamed milk on top. It is to my taste.

Although everyone speaks English, some speak it much better than others!

Victoria, we also have a similar routine. We ask for a doppio and then add it to our regular coffee. That usually works for us. We like strong coffee and only drink peets espresso in the morning as our coffee of choice.

We don't add any milk, it's nero.

I also think some of the waitstaff are very familiar with the term long black and Americano as Starbucks is everywhere, and they too frequent it as customers.