suite upgrade

nodandade

although our final payment is not for another 5 weeks or so,once we have made the final payment,where do we look for those cabins that are still available after 'final payment' where people have not paid up etc , so we can look at upgrading.

I know according to the web sites etc our cruise is fully booked, you never know if there are some unfortunate people for one reason or another cannot make it.

their cabin may be worth upgrading to if it is at a reduced price etc.

thank you in advance

although our final payment is not for another 5 weeks or so,once we have made the final payment,where do we look for those cabins that are still available after 'final payment' where people have not paid up etc , so we can look at upgrading.

I know according to the web sites etc our cruise is fully booked, you never know if there are some unfortunate people for one reason or another cannot make it.

their cabin may be worth upgrading to if it is at a reduced price etc.

thank you in advance

If the cabins are open, they will show on the celebrity website or any other website that sells cruises as any open cabin will. If your sailing is really full, i would't expect and discounts to appear on the suites, or of so they will be negligible. This is because the whole ship is thinking just like you are!

If they do show up as discounted, you MAY lose any perks you may have (such as 123) on existing reservation to do the upgrade. It depends on if they consider the new fare a promotional rate, or just a standard "reduced fare".

Also, rules may be different for UK and AUS residents than us in the USA. Unless you booked via a US travel agent. It may be possible that no changed are allowed for UK and AUS residents after final payment, but I'm not positive.

I generally find that for about 2 weeks post final payments, cabin fares remain the same, then they start to lower them closer to sailing. However, I have seen fares rise post final payments if there are only a few left cabins to sell.

I tried to upgrade on my last trip - no luck. I am used to HAL who offer you attractive upsells, Celebrity I found is totally different. We had a Verdandah cabin in a good spot on the Century, a few weeks before we were onboard the Suite price came down less than our Verandah price. I got our TA to call and tell Celebrity that we were willing to PAY a reasonable price for an upgrade. So they would have been ahead.

Our TA was told, very firmly, that this offer was for new bookings only and they would not accept. I could not get my head around this, on HAL if you have empty Suites early booking and higher paying guests are offered a very good upsell price and then the guarantees are spread about in what is left. But on Celebrity they are willing to give their Suites to the late comer at a lower cost, they could have made more money out of my offer, it just wasn't an economically sensible decision they made.

You can certainly ask but from what I hear on the Celebrity board, upgrades and upsells are not common unless you pay full price for the room and loose your perks.

Some deals are clearly marked "new bookings only", but some are just price reductions. That's the difference. We have called Celebrity before and upgraded our cabin, paying the difference between what we paid and the new price, and it was no problem at all. We actually did it recently for the cruise we will take in January, the prices went down after final payment but are not yet the deeply discounted "Exciting Deals" which are clearly for new passengers only. We also didn't lose our perks, although we knew this was a possibility so confirmed that with the representative I spoke with. I booked directly through Celebrity so no TA was involved.

Edited by cynbar

I tried to upgrade on my last trip - no luck...

upgrades and upsells are not common unless you pay full price for the room and loose your perks.

FYI, on my last cruise on X, which ended two weeks ago, we were offered a very inexpensive upsell from AQ to a Sky Suite.

I have once been offered an upsell on Celebrity, but it was for thousands more than we wanted to pay.

Our currently sailing has the best opportunities to upgrade I have ever seen. However, they are not moving fast.

Last sailing I patiently waited for opportunities and they were gone in a blink of an eye. Ten better suites or cabins gone overnight.

Not jaded, were you booked directly?

I have once been offered an upsell on Celebrity, but it was for thousands more than we wanted to pay.

Our currently sailing has the best opportunities to upgrade I have ever seen. However, they are not moving fast.

Last sailing I patiently waited for opportunities and they were gone in a blink of an eye. Ten better suites or cabins gone overnight.

Not jaded, were you booked directly?

Not sure what you mean by "booked directly," but I made my own reservation. I got the upsell directly via a call from Celebrity, who were going down a list. The two people before me that were called did not answer their phone, and I did. Upgrade was $12.50 per night per person for the 14 night cruise.

The 123go and pick your perk offers effect the upgrade options. We recently booked a 10 not Equinox within 2 months of sailing. Great price for a suite but no perk options included for the rest of 2014 sailings. Price for the drink package outright doesn't offset the savings on the cabin cost. This is why they can't afford to upgrade you if you already have a perk. Celebrity would lose big bucks on that swap. We will miss the perk but will enjoy the savings

The 123go and pick your perk offers effect the upgrade options. We recently booked a 10 not Equinox within 2 months of sailing. Great price for a suite but no perk options included for the rest of 2014 sailings. Price for the drink package outright doesn't offset the savings on the cabin cost. This is why they can't afford to upgrade you if you already have a perk. Celebrity would lose big bucks on that swap. We will miss the perk but will enjoy the savings

While others' experience may vary, I was able to keep my perks, including the 123Go.