Hotel help

sxphil

I intend flying in the night before our cruise departs

Flying into Athens and Cruising with Princess out of Piraeus [ADDED]

Where should I stay?

What are the distances airport - port

Looking for some CC expertise please

Edited by sxphil

Piraeus port is only about 20 minutes drive from the center of Athens. The airport is farther. Most people stay in Athens overnight rather than heading to Piraeus. Do you arrive too late to do any sightseeing?

The taxi fare from the Athens airport to Piraeus is about 50 euro (but that's daytime; if you arrive after a certain time at night, there will be a surcharge).

By comparison, taxi fare from Athens airport to Athens central historic area should be about 35 euro (again, expect a surcharge for later evening arrival).

Piraeus port is only about 20 minutes drive from the center of Athens. The airport is farther. Most people stay in Athens overnight rather than heading to Piraeus. Do you arrive too late to do any sightseeing?

The taxi fare from the Athens airport to Piraeus is about 50 euro (but that's daytime; if you arrive after a certain time at night, there will be a surcharge).

By comparison, taxi fare from Athens airport to Athens central historic area should be about 35 euro (again, expect a surcharge for later evening arrival).

Thanks not sure of the timings yet but Princess want to charge us £350 each and fly us in by 15:00. I can fly in the day before for £120 each and be there for Midday

Just need a hotel in Athens and transport down to the ship

I've stayed twice at Athens Gate hotel -- very well located near the Acropolis and Plaka, modern hotel with nice rooms and great rooftop breakfast/dinner area with views. Highly recommended by others here also.

The hotel can arrange a taxi to the port very easily. About 20-25 euro for that.

I've stayed twice at Athens Gate hotel -- very well located near the Acropolis and Plaka, modern hotel with nice rooms and great rooftop breakfast/dinner area with views. Highly recommended by others here also.

The hotel can arrange a taxi to the port very easily. About 20-25 euro for that.

Many Thanks

Another vote for Athens Gate Hotel. Very accommodating staff, great rooftop dining, and close to the sights. We did the reverse going from Piraeus to Athens and then to the airport a couple of days later. We used George's Taxi. We found him quite reasonable. Upon pickup at Piraeus we then had a five hour tour including the Acropolis. With limited time this might be an option. Cruise mom 42 is right about taxi prices being higher at night. We had a 3 am pickup and prices were higher.