Email from PG President

Emdee

Diane Moore, President of PG Cruises sent some of us a very appreciative email. With her permission I am posting it here for all to read.

To you wonderful Cruise Critic PG fans –

I first of all want to thank you all on behalf of the officers, staff and crew of the Paul Gauguin, as well as Dick Bailey and myself for creating this wonderful reunion cruise in French Polynesia! I can’t believe after all the planning that I missed this fun event! I have been living the cruise through many of you both via email and your recent posts on Cruise Critic. And Oscar Abello has brought back photos and pointed so many of you out to me. I feel like I know you already!

I am sending this note only to a few of you who sailed (and one who didn’t), and truly wanted to let you know how we all so appreciate your love of the Paul Gauguin and her wonderful staff and crew! You are all our great cheerleaders and I hope we never let you down.

As Motu noted, I promise to lock myself away next summer before the cruise on Tere Moana and hope to meet a few of you there or on the Paul Gauguin at some time soon.

Warmest wishes to you all!

Diane

Diane Moore

President

Paul Gauguin Cruises

http://www.pgcruises.com

Edited by Emdee

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't that wonderful! Is the TM all booked out? After such a wonderful brief visit to Croatia last month - I would entertain going back. Also, friends on our river cruise had cruised TM on the Med and said it was a wonderful experience!

I Just spoke to my TA, so I passed along your question. There is still space available.:D

Edited by MotuIslander

I Just spoke to my TA, so I passed along your question. There is still space available.:D

I noticed that on the PG website. :D

We spent a very short time in Vukovar, and I was impressed by the people and the challenges they face since the war. We were encouraged by them to go to the coast and tell our friends to come too!

Here's what I think I'd like about it; it's probably just as gorgeous as any of the coastal and island locations in the Adriatic or Med, but is still incredibly affordable and "un discovered". Our summer home is in an off the beaten path area of Maine...most people (a lot of people actually) end up in the major tourist zone just 40 minutes north of us or 40 miles to the south of us, but our scenery and location is equally beautiful (more so if you prefer seeing less tourist development like hotels and shops) and prices are not jacked up for tourists, and the place has a real sense of community because it's not over run by tourists. I prefer those kinds of places vs the main tourist spots, and to me that's where Croatia is as compared with the more developed Spanish, Italian or Greek coasts an islands. ;) Also, I'd like to see Venice beofore it sinks:eek: Not sure Aug works for me tho:confused:

I noticed that on the PG website. :D

We spent a very short time in Vukovar, and I was impressed by the people and the challenges they face since the war. We were encouraged by them to go to the coast and tell our friends to come too!

Here's what I think I'd like about it; it's probably just as gorgeous as any of the coastal and island locations in the Adriatic or Med, but is still incredibly affordable and "un discovered". Our summer home is in an off the beaten path area of Maine...most people (a lot of people actually) end up in the major tourist zone just 40 minutes north of us or 40 miles to the south of us, but our scenery and location is equally beautiful (more so if you prefer seeing less tourist development like hotels and shops) and prices are not jacked up for tourists, and the place has a real sense of community because it's not over run by tourists. I prefer those kinds of places vs the main tourist spots, and to me that's where Croatia is as compared with the more developed Spanish, Italian or Greek coasts an islands. ;) Also, I'd like to see Venice beofore it sinks:eek: Not sure Aug works for me tho:confused:

I think the Croatian coast has been well developed for a number of years not least by the Italians for centuries! From a tourist haven in that it being unspoilt etc I think this was the case a few years ago but not for the last few years. I went a couple of years to Dubrovnik and a couple of ports on that coast ( Sarande and Kotor). While Sarande was a hot mess and Kotor environs were on the way Dubrovnik was packed with tourists like Rhodes or any such port. I know 10-12 years things were relatively reasonable in those areas but tourism has caught up. That being said this cruise will take us to some of the untravelled parts and hopefully that will make all the difference.