Full day private tour in Rome, Half day in Livorno and Naples.

awg1747

Hi. We are a group of seven, including one wheelchair that can transfer to a minivan. We are looking for a full day private tour in Rome and a half day private tour in Livorno (Pisa) and Naples (Positano). We are concerned that three continuous full day tours will be too tiring and too taxing to enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Can anyone please help recommending a tour company that will do a half day tour in Livorno and Naoles? I have contacted Romecabs, Rome in Limo, prestigerent, etc, and Fashiontours (they will do a half day in Naples, not Livorno but are much less known and have few reviews.

Thanks for your responses.

my 2cents is that this is the big three lineup and don't pass it up by cutting short.

Yes the day will be long but the reality is that for Rome, Naples and Florence the drive gives you time to nap/rest up. If you aren't one to get car sick and can rest up effectively think about doing the full day. There will be a lot of driving and if people get tired, with a private tour those that are less ambitious can simply stay with the van, pop into a cafe as the more ambitious try to do more.

FWIW I had my parents with me who were in their 70's and 80's and survived. More then survived, my dad saw Pisa and had to climb it and was well into his 80's at the time.

For each port with the Private we choose to get up and off the ship as early as we could, and targeted being back a good hour before sailing which gave most in our party time to relax, we did forgo any evening activities for three nights.

we've used Rudys touring service also known as Rome-car-tours on 2 separate cruises-he is a local with excellent English and will tailor tours to your requirements[my husband has walking difficulties]

we contacted several tour companies including rome in limo but found Rudy much more responsive to our queries so went with him

you mention a half day tour from Livorno to visit Pisa-Ok Florence as well may be more exhausting but we did a full day tour with Pisa first thing before the crowds then visited Tuscany with Siena San Gimigiano and a vineyard which ended up as a very relaxing day as we were driving through beautiful countryside and limited walking

Naples we did visit Pompei which involves more walking but the Amalfi coast tour is scenic and minimal walking

in other words you don't have to limit yourselves to half day tours if you don't want to overexert yourselves