weather and ports in September

raringtogo

can someone please tell me what sort of weather we can expect in early September- I understand it's considered hurricaine season but I'm not quite sure how bad we can expect it to be.

also, as we have only two ports, if the weather is too bad to visit either one of them, what would the probable alternative be?

for example, we are only due in Cabo for a few hours- if weather did not permit a stop at Cabo, what would happen? would they take us elsewhere?

Cabo is a tender port. You'd just have another sea day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

that's what I'm scared of. we are coming a long long way especially to see this port and the sea days are really not the most interesting part for us.

how often does that happen in September?

Hurricanes arenot that frequent as in the caribean.

However September will be hot and humid. Expect afternoon/evening showers, maybe once during the day too.

Edited by Ine

Hurricanes arenot that frequent as in the caribean.

However September will be hot and humid. Expect afternoon/evening showers, maybe once during the day too.

oh, that would be ok- we're quite used to that sort of weather. we can cope with that- we'd be devastated to miss either of the two ports we're due to visit.

thank you for your great tips and information- I've been following your posts with great interest

If you want more predictable weather, the better time to sail the Mexican Rivera would be February or March.

The problem with expecting another port to be substituted on relatively short notice is the distance between ports, and the area affected by the hurricane may include a number of the possible substitute ports.

If you want more predictable weather, the better time to sail the Mexican Rivera would be February or March.

The problem with expecting another port to be substituted on relatively short notice is the distance between ports, and the area affected by the hurricane may include a number of the possible substitute ports.

es,

yes, of course, we realized that, but unfortunately those alternative months were not a possibility for us.

so- I guess, fingers crossed.