Advice for 4 adults getting to Cinnamon Bay

klstiger

Can someone tell me the best way to get from St. Thomas to Cinnamon Bay, St. John's?

Four Adults on the Oasis. We are in port at St. Thomas from 10-7. Are there different ferrys we can take or one specific one? Do we cab it in St. John or rent a car?

Thoughts and any feedback?

The Red Hook ferry is the most popular ferry because it leaves every hour on the hour. You get to Red Hook by taxi.

Take a taxi to Cinnamon. Rental cars are hard to come by for one day, and time consuming to find one available. You probably can't reserve for one day.

Can someone tell me the best way to get from St. Thomas to Cinnamon Bay, St. John's?

Four Adults on the Oasis. We are in port at St. Thomas from 10-7. Are there different ferrys we can take or one specific one? Do we cab it in St. John or rent a car?

Thoughts and any feedback?

Briefly you hop a 20 - 30 minute taxi to the Red Hook ferry terminal, buy ferry passes and take the 10 - 15 min ferry to Cruz Bay, St John. Taxis are waiting to whisk you to the beaches. Round trip cost from Havensight is about $48 - $10 taxi to Red Hook, $7 ferry, $7 taxi to Cinnamon. Taxi fares are per person for 2 or more ppl, a little more if going solo. And a little more for a taxi from Crown Bay to Red Hook.

Alternatively you can take a ferry from Charlotte Amalie through a ship excursion. But going on your own provides more flexibility, freedom, and no queue waiting for others coming off the ship. The ferry ride from town is also 45 minutes and can be much rougher.

Definitely cab it when you arrive. Cruz bay is a nice little area to shop and have lunch before ferrying back to St Thomas. Ferries leave both Red Hook and Cruz Bay every hour on the hour and are very reliable. Allow a little more time coming back, you'd probably want to take the 4PM return ferry, or the 5PM if you are more daring. :D With the 4PM return you'd have about 5 hours on St John...

Edited by blue_water

One point about taxis "whisking" you on St. John. Safari vehicles will meet you at the ferry dock. They will wait to fill up before they leave and will probably drop folks at the other north shore beaches along the way. On the way beach, you will be directed to a vehicle and again, you will wait until they fill up. They carry 16-20 passengers. Be patient.

One point about taxis "whisking" you on St. John. Safari vehicles will meet you at the ferry dock. They will wait to fill up before they leave and will probably drop folks at the other north shore beaches along the way. On the way beach, you will be directed to a vehicle and again, you will wait until they fill up. They carry 16-20 passengers. Be patient.

Yes, that's the island version of "whisk"! :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cinnamon Bay is currently closed, undergoing renovations with a new concessionaire. It is difficult to tell what they are going to do, although there will be food and beverages. They did have some sand chairs for rent previously, again, don't know what the new group will do.

The beach is still open. No amenities while concessions closed. May have to arrange for return if visiting during closed season.

UGH!!!! that was my concern as well... I have to see Cinnamon Bay! Its part of bucket list thing....

Here is some more information on the changes at Cinnamon and Trunk: http://stjohnsource.com/content/community/national-park/2016/06/29/new-concessions-operator-selected-cinnamon-bay-trunk-bay-

I would be surprised if they allowed people to walk through while the construction was underway, but they may have a plan...

Is Trunk Bay "closed" as well as Cinnamon? The article seems to indicate both are affected?

If this is the case... are there other beaches on St. John that offer amenities?:confused:

Is Trunk Bay "closed" as well as Cinnamon? The article seems to indicate both are affected?

If this is the case... are there other beaches on St. John that offer amenities?:confused:

Reading through the article, it only mentions that cinnamon bay will be reopening at a later date. Trunk Bay is affected as far as the concessionaire transfer, but it doesn't make any mention of any upgrades or construction being done at Trunk Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reading through the article, it only mentions that cinnamon bay will be reopening at a later date. Trunk Bay is affected as far as the concessionaire transfer, but it doesn't make any mention of any upgrades or construction being done at Trunk Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure someone will be along to confirm in the next 3 weeks before I go. :) Of course the plan WAS Cinnamon, guess not now. :rolleyes: