power adaptor for celebrity sostice

Hi there,

We are travelling on celebrity solstice and would like to know what we need to do about a powe adapter for our aussie items to charge like camera, phone, laptop etc.... i believe the ship is 110 volt and we use 240 volt....any information and/or advice is greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Trish

Hi there,

We are travelling on celebrity solstice and would like to know what we need to do about a powe adapter for our aussie items to charge like camera, phone, laptop etc.... i believe the ship is 110 volt and we use 240 volt....any information and/or advice is greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Trish

If you bring a US style plug adapter with you, it will be fine, I have one that is a double power point so is handy if charging two items at the same time. kenjo have a range of adapters in any travel/luggage shops.:D

That is right, most of our items that we need to charge will take a range of power voltage. So while our Aussie power is the 240v, things like phones etc will usually take a range of power. Check your devices if not sure. We find an adapter and a power plug with usb ports works well for most of what we need to charge.

Here is a pic of a typical Solstice Cabin showing Power outlets etc.

Cabin%208315.JPG

The 3 in the middle are 110v power outlets. There are two 3 prong outlets and then a recessed 2 prong outlet. I used two USA/Aus adapters plugged into the standard 3 prong outlets and then used a couple of Aust. double adapters to charge whatever I needed... note power boards are a "no no" nowadays. My Aust adapters were both parallel ones, 1x RH and the other LH.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

Here is a pic of a typical Solstice Cabin showing Power outlets etc.

The 3 in the middle are 110v power outlets. There are two 3 prong outlets and then a recessed 2 prong outlet. I used two USA/Aus adapters plugged into the standard 3 prong outlets and then used a couple of Aust. double adapters to charge whatever I needed... note power boards are a "no no" nowadays. My Aust adapters were both parallel ones, 1x RH and the other LH.

cheers

Great pic to show what is there.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Cabin%208315.JPG

The 3 in the middle are 110v power outlets. There are two 3 prong outlets and then a recessed 2 prong outlet.

The third power outlet (recessed 2 prong) is a 220v European - which apparently is better suited to us (240v) - rather than using the US 110v outlets. I read it somewhere here on Cruise Critic.

I bought one of these last year and have found it very useful for travel as it's quite light and compact. I just pack a suitable adaptor when travelling overseas. http://www.bunnings.com.au/mort-bay-powerboard-surgeprot-2way-2usb-prt-wndup-cord_p4331031

You could get an Aussie to European two prong adaptor which would enable you to use the 220v socket as shown above.

https://www.korjo.com/Product-Range/Adaptors---FROM-Aus/NZ-TO-world/Adaptor---Europe-(KAEU).aspx

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Hi there,

Cheers

Trish

Celebrity Solstice has one US power point and one European power point in every cabin, you are far better getting an adaptor for the European power point instead of the US power point as the European one uses the same voltage as Australia, meaning everything will definitely work with it. If you get a US adaptor you will have issues with anything that is incompatible with the US 110 voltage power, which is usually quite a few things designed for Australia:)

Celebrity Solstice has one US power point and one European power point in every cabin, you are far better getting an adaptor for the European power point instead of the US power point as the European one uses the same voltage as Australia, meaning everything will definitely work with it. If you get a US adaptor you will have issues with anything that is incompatible with the US 110 voltage power, which is usually quite a few things designed for Australia:)

Very good suggestion.

To be fair, most modern appliances handle both voltages, but no disadvantage going the safer option.

Whatever you do.. don't bring a power board with 3 / 4 outlets on the Solstice. I didn't get my bag delivered to my room and had to go down to the room where they hold all the bags with contraband.. it was the power board. There were lots of others down there because of power boards as well. They took it off me and said I could get it when I get off.

We took a US adapter which worked fine for all our charging needs.

I love the Solstice and will be back on board in 5 weeks!

Edited by sue2539

Whatever you do.. don't bring a power board with 3 / 4 outlets on the Solstice. I didn't get my bag delivered to my room and had to go down to the room where they hold all the bags with contraband.. it was the power board. There were lots of others down there because of power boards as well. They took it off me and said I could get it when I get off.

The naughty room, hey:p.

Good advice for anyone thinking of smuggling on something that is banned. A friend told me it was very inconvenient and embarrassing at the time.:eek:

I travelled on the Solstice last year and took a power board. I didn't have any trouble and it was on the desk in full view of cabin staff the entire cruise. Seems I was lucky that time. I am travelling on Century in two weeks, will take double adaptors this time to be safe. Thanks for the info.