Parking at New Orleans Port

cruz_happy

Where is the best place in your opinion to park for RCCL Serenade of the Seas at New Orleans port & why do you like that spot? Thank you in advance for your input.

Fulton Place Parking Garage

Why?

1. $8 a night

2. Secure

3. Ultra-close to port

4. Free shuttle to terminal

5. Close to about 3 hotels if you stay the night before

Secret tip: Pre-pay the parking at rooftop price. Roof is often full so you get park in the covered parking on 6, 7, or 8 without paying for covered parking price. (They tell you this too when you get there)

We parked in the Whale lot last time....a little bit of a walk across the RR tracks. We have used Machu Picchu in the past and are using them again this time. We drive to their secured lot, they take us to our hotel with just our overnight bags, they transfer our luggage to their shuttle the next morning, come pick us up at the hotel and drop at the terminal and then pick us up at the terminal when we return. Of course, if you are not staying overnight in NOLA, Fulton may be your best bet--however, you can still use Machu Picchu.

• 2 weeks later...

Why?

1. $8 a night

2. Secure

3. Ultra-close to port

Secret tip: Pre-pay the parking at rooftop price. Roof is often full so you get park in the covered parking on 6, 7, or 8 without paying for covered parking price. (They tell you this too when you get there)

Fulton hands down!!

So, for the last couple of years I have sung the praises of Machu Picchu....well, no more. As we normally do, we had reservations (confirmed via email) for parking/pick up. I noted that it would be "around" 6pm before we arrived. MP confirmed. They called us twice on the way wanting to know when we would arrive. The last time we talked with them, we told them it would be close to 7pm (still "around" 6pm or so) due to a traffic back up/accident just before the tunnel in Mobile. They then told us we would have to pay an extra $30 but that we would have to wait until the next morning. He (Angel) further stated that it was still a deal because a taxi would cost us $10 a piece (4 of us) each way. Of course I told him that was not true, and quoted him the cost of taxi to the port, which he didn't argue further (meaning he knew he wasn't telling the truth). We ended up having to pay $28 for the night at our hotel and then opted to use Fulton Garage. Fulton was very east to use, the workers have the process down to a fine art and we were very pleased. The only thing we need to remember next time is to be sure and book online PRIOR to getting to the garage because that is the only way you can get the $8.00 price. We paid $12 a night but was still a good deal and process was very smooth. I am very disappointed in Machu Picchu, especially after I have recommended them to many, but must say that I was no longer be doing so. Fulton Garage will get our business from now on.

Why?

1. $8 a night

2. Secure

3. Ultra-close to port

We always use Fulton and never had a bad experience.