Kid club question-moving up a group

jellyben

We will be on Triumph tomorrow with 14yo dd. So she will be in the 12-14yo youth program group. She just found out a classmate is going but the classmate is 15. Is there a separate teen area for the older kids that my dd wouldn't be able to use? Is it possible to move her up to be with the older kids? Thanks for any help!

Each age group has its own club room.

Ask the counselors when onboard. Depending on staffing, number of kids etc they MIGHT let your DD move up.

We've been on cruises where the clubs were filled to capacity and on other cruises where the two older clubs have been combined.

Each age group has its own club room.

Ask the counselors when onboard. Depending on staffing, number of kids etc they MIGHT let your DD move up.

We've been on cruises where the clubs were filled to capacity and on other cruises where the two older clubs have been combined.

Yep! And a lot of times the kids will also go off on their own, after meeting other, new kids, and just do their own thing too.

They are more likely to let the 15 year old move down, than let the 14 year old go up. To be honest, the 15 and older group really only use the club to meet others of their age....there's more to do in the 12-14 year old group. I would imagine the 2 girls will simply "hang out" on their own.

I've had kids try to do both. They will usually let them move when they are within a few days of their birthday or will have a birthday on board. For moving down, it depends on the counselor and how many kids are in the club the kid is trying to move to. Usually with this age group 12-14 & 15 yo they usually wind up just "hanging" in each others club anyway when there are no planned activities occurring in the club.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk