Designer Cosmetics in South America Argentina, Uruguay Chile

bocaraton

We will be in Argentina --but on a Sunday, Uruguay, Chile.

Do any of these three have cosmetics like Lancome, Yves Saint Laurent, Epionce, etc. at better prices than in USA..I know dollar is worth a lot in Argentina now, but think they will figure that in.

Also does anyone know if Retin A and Latisse are available in these countries without prescription. I usually get them in Mexico, but won't be there till Spring.

Thanks for any info.

Sailing on Infinity on Jan. 4...

No...they are higher, and not a very good value on the ships.

OH...WOULD never buy on ships...that is no deal at all. I do get deals on web. But, just thought South America might be cheaper than Mexico. St. Maarten is the best for Retin A and Latisse. But cannot find anywhere Lancome or Epionce..so thought it worth asking

I priced a Chanel product on our TA in Nov ($79 US) and decided ( from reading on the boards) not to buy but check prices when home. Found out it was $119 US and much more in CAN $s :(. Will be picking it up on the Millie for sure in Oct and research ahead of time, anything else I may be interested in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I priced a Chanel product on our TA in Nov ($79 US) and decided ( from reading on the boards) not to buy but check prices when home. Found out it was $119 US and much more in CAN $s :(. Will be picking it up on the Millie for sure in Oct and research ahead of time, anything else I may be interested in.

Yes on transatlantic maybe in Europe. But where in south America

No...they are higher, and not a very good value on the ships.

My understanding of bocaraton's question is different -- my interpretation is that she is asking for advice regarding specific stores IN the ports to purchase these products.

YES. I meant for cruise ships generally stop in those countries

Thanks

The Retin-A and Latisse may be available without a prescription--just walk into a Farmacia and ask.

High-end cosmetics--make sure you know the price at home before you buy.

I use Lancôme and find it is usually cheaper at home--and, I can usually wait until there is a free gift with purchase promotion at Macy's or Nordstrom.

We were in Peru last year but didn't do much shopping.

The Retin-A and Latisse may be available without a prescription--just walk into a Farmacia and ask.

High-end cosmetics--make sure you know the price at home before you buy.

I use Lancôme and find it is usually cheaper at home--and, I can usually wait until there is a free gift with purchase promotion at Macy's or Nordstrom.

We were in Peru last year but didn't do much shopping.

Thanks for your reply. I will get retain a as running short same for Latisse. Found epionce very reasonably on net yesterday. Usually use lancome but find epionce better for aging skin but really ridiculously expensive