civitavecchia port to somewhere other than Rome

glittergal1

Hi I am cruising alone on MSC Splendida February 8th from Genoa our first port is Civitavecchia we are here 8am-6pm and I dont want to travel to Rome for such a short day , does anyone know of companies that offer a group tour I could join to somewhere other than Rome. I quite fancy a visit to Civita Di Bagnoregio if anyone knows of a tour here? or anywhere else ?

If you look down the board there are many recommendations for tour venders. Most will go whereever you wish as long as it is reasonable. Rome in Limo, for example, the wonderful company with a huge thread, you simply work it out with Jany, the person who will answer your communications. You aren't forced to go to Rome from Civi by any means.

Civita Di Bagnoregio is as far from Civitavecchia as Rome is, although in the opposite direction. Because the roads aren't as good it actually takes longer to drive to Civita Di Bagnoregio from the port than to drive to Rome.

Generally day trips to Bagnoregio are combined with a stop at Orvieto, which is only 15 miles away.

To make a trip like this affordable for a single you might want to go to the roll call for your sailing and see if you can put together a small group to share the cost of a car and driver.