10-15-15 Thursday Weigh In - Good Week or Challenging Week?

shootr

How'd everyone do?

Were you able to not let the stresses of life get you down?

Were you celebrating a milestone and took a well deserved cheat day?

It's just day by day - unfortunately there aren't any shortcuts, but if you try, then that's all you can do.

Never beat yourself up - a little disappointment is allowed if you feel like you slipped a little - but don't dwell on it. Look at the sunrise, smile, and look forward to a wonderful new day.

Belle - hope everything is well. I know this doesn't rhyme - good thoughts and energy are my forte.

May I celebrate?

75d743ee6df8efbaff44f830a3e0b4c7.jpg

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Stuck on one of them plateau's for a while, but this morning the scale decided to be nice.

This week and probably the next will be still eating the same but slooooooowly adding in small bits of some favorites again.

It was worth it. I can't imagine drinking soda ever again. Done with sugar laden stuff like processed cereal bars, preservatives - as much of that stuff as I can.

Now it's about keeping up the activity level and keeping my stomach shrunk and not stretching it back out. Focusing on every meal and not multi task while I eat meals so I know I am eating and not looking at an empty plate wondering where the food went as I play on the computer.

Good luck everyone, hope to hear about everyone's week!

Shootr, thanks for starting the thread.

Congrats! Awesome number on that scale.

Wonder where Belle is.

I stayed the same. That is good. Web went to 2 BBQ's lunches over the weekend. I tried not to go crazy and it worked out.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Diana

Good stuff Shootr! I had an awesome week as well. after only loosing one pound in two weeks, I managed to loose three this week! Yay! Only 1 more proud to reach this months goal. I did p90x yoga tonight. I am not happy with the calories my Fitbit is recording for 1.5 hours of my time. the next two days are heavy cardio workouts so we will see how it goes. I know I am toning muscles though. today is day 60 of p90x so that leaves me with 30 to go. Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Edited by angeleski

That is a great week, well done.

What did it say you burned over the 1.5 hours and what was your avg HR?

I think it is a little conservative, it says I burn 10 cal/min at 110-130bpm (fast walking). I know if I'm riding my bike and get up around 150bpm its more like 15 cal/min. (900-1100/hr using a Polar chest strap HR monitor).

I also had to adjust my stride length, it was short changing me 0.5 miles over the course of 6.1 measured by GPS on my phone.

Just have to keep fine tuning it. I'll get it dialed in eventually.

Hi,

I managed to get rid of the weight gained during the last 2 weeks.

I´m down 2 lbs.

Hat a mostly good week, went to the coast for two days, cold but nice. Unfortunately we got our roof checked out and are awaiting a meeting witzh a lawyer to see wether there is any chance to get the building company to pay for the roof. If not my next cruises will be a new roof and vacations in our backyard...

LOL :D!

Just got caught again jumping up and down in my office :eek: - pretty sure my coworkers think I'm crazy at this point...

Gotta get the heart rate up at least a few times a day, right???

Edited by shootr

HI all!

Wonder where Belle is.:confused:

shootr ~ wow you're doing terrific! :D Congratulations on making your goal.

kasi1979 ~ great weight loss for you too. Good luck with the lawyer & getting the roof repaired.

Well, even though it was our Thanksgiving & I made an apple pie with 2 Caramilk bars inside & a Black Forest cake I'm down 0.8 lb.That sure was a surprise!:o

Have a great weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Man, this is a good week all around!

Now if Belle is just out and about and doing OK.

Went to a new burger joint tonight. They specialize in stuffed burgers. Check it out:

465b6284ff79ec868873588ffc612e6a.jpg

Did a ground chicken burger stuffed with jalapeños, a little bacon, and some mozzarella - all wrapped in a lettuce leaf instead of a bun. Only ate half and a few fries.

I'm figuring about 800 calories for the whole thing, so only ate 500 or so calories for a great dinner.

Love the way restaurants, even burger joints, are finally offering alternatives for us.

(and a peek at the scale showed 179 this morning - woot woot!)

Edited by shootr

Sorry was out at a friends house

with other friends playing cards.

Yesterday and today was busy.

Shootr your the #1 guy in here!

(not just because your the only one!) lol

You started the board..lost weight and do exercise.

I lost weight to..2lbs.

Diana..Glad no weight gains after eating out.

You did good.

Angele..Your doing Great..3 lbs lost and all

that exercise..losing inches I bet?

Kasi..Great about your loss. Sorry about your

roof. If a new house and problems right away,

they should.

Jo..Good job you had a Thanksgiving and all

that food and you had a loss! Well done.

Everyone have a good Weekend. Keep up the

Good Work!

So how did everyone do this fine weekend? We're still lucky - a little rain on and off, but it was still 70 degrees during my bike ride at 6AM this morning. Haven't been riding much, but what a difference not lugging an extra 20-30 pounds around!

bikeride.jpg

The only "hills" close by are the parking ramps at the mall - so sprinted up and down those for a while.

Didn't get the camera out this week - so nothing pretty to show off I'm afraid.

Cooked homemade chicken and dumplings for dinner - dumplings stunk - dense as leather...oh well, that's one way to cut calories :D. I think the scoop of gelato for dessert was well earned today.

Lunch is already prepped and ready for tomorrow, picked up plenty more lettuce, chicken, whole grain pasta, apples and hot sauce for meals next week.

Been reading all I can on how to lose bellyfat - so far this is the most succinct article I can share. (I know - "men's" health - but I gotta believe most of it crosses over to women)

http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-loss/burn-fat-fast/101-ways-lose-your-gut

There's a couple contradictions in it, some is common knowledge, but there's a few nuggets of interesting information I didn't know or consider before.

"Fill up on high-fiber foods.

Consider them "good carbs." Their bulk takes up space in your stomach, helping you feel full and eat less. The top fiber food: beans, which contain 8 grams per 1/2 cup. Research shows that guys who added 12 grams of fiber a day to their diet lost a quarter of an inch from their love handles, without otherwise modifying their diet."

"Snack between meals.

This not only keeps you from being ravenous—and overeating—at lunch and dinner, it forces your body to process food all day long, which keeps your metabolism stoked."

"Never forbid yourself a favorite food.

Here's a shocker: When a group of U.K. researchers told 30 women to avoid chocolate, then packed them into a room filled with the stuff, the women were much more likely to sneak a bite than individuals who hadn't been given the order. Blame the allure of the forbidden: The more you tell yourself you can't eat something you love, the more you're going to want it."

Have a good week everyone!