Roll Call April 1st 2007 Mediterranea

Jdleong

My teens are looking for other kids going on this cruise. I have a daughter who will be 17 and a son who will be 15 on the cruise....since it is kids sail for free..I know that there are a lot of kids on this cruise.

It is early but I just thought I would start the rollcall going...

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

JR Ewing...any CC member is a delight to be with...you and yours will be a start of our roll call. Have you sailed Costa before? It is my first time but this will be my 9th cruise...all the rest were on Carnival. I am looking forward to a great cruise!

Jan

JR Ewing...any CC member is a delight to be with...you and yours will be a start of our roll call. Have you sailed Costa before? It is my first time but this will be my 9th cruise...all the rest were on Carnival. I am looking forward to a great cruise!

Jan

We stumbled across this line due to the deals they offered. While weary at first, it turned out to be one of our two favorite cruise and cruise lines. We booked a Grand Suite aft on the Costa Atlantica in 2004. The last cruise before going back to Europe. Staff, food, cabin, service - all amazing. On a par if not better than our other favorite - Holland America. The only drawback - and this is a big one for us - the bed makes you feel like you are sleeping on an army cot. No joke; gorgeous cabin and amenities but the mattress was horrific. We learned that they offer egg crate covers during our cruise but were sold out - surprise surprise. I told my wife the first night that it was just mediocre compared with our mattress at home and we'd get used to it - no dice. So snag an egg crate and extra pillows early and you are good to go. Our most comfortable sleeping experience was on Holland America. Simply amazing and trumps some of these heavenly beds in the higher priced hotels. I just ordered one of HAL's bed sets for our home - free shipping right now. We'll now be able to sleep soundly without the ocean rocking. You didn't go wrong with selecting Costa. Rest assured. It's great bang for the buck. My wife and I never tried Carnival before or after marriage due to the throw up in the hall reputation that this line seems to carry to this day. Good luck to you and hope to see you on-board.

JR I will be sure to ask for the toppers, as I have been reading this board ever since I booked the cruise back in June..I orginally had the Carnival Miracle booked, and switched to Costa. I am saving $1300 and I got the cabin with the extended ( I mean really extended balcony, 3 times longer than a regular balcony), that I couldn't get on the Miracle, it was taken. I have been on three of the four Carnival Spirit class ships so I will have no problem finding my way around the Mediterreanea. I am truly looking forward to a change from Carnival ( I like Carnival), but the shows are the same ,menus are the same, and I want a change. Is your cabin a grand suite aft or mid ship? Did you go to the toga party? Early or Late dinner?and how late is late? Glad to be able to ask someone who is experienced with Costa.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Glad there will be others, I know it is early and since you have been on the Magica you have experience with Costa.The Miracle is the only spirit class Carnival ship I haven't been on. I went on the Pride on September 10, and now I have 6 months to go till the Mediterreanea. Did you do the toga party?

I am not worried about excursions as I have be to GC,Roatan,and cozumel a couple of times. I did book the stingrays in GC because there are 6 ships there that day and it will be busy..Where do you stay the night before? Do you drive or fly in? Glad you are on the boards, see you in April!

Jan

"I am saving $1300 and I got the cabin with the extended ( I mean really extended balcony, 3 times longer than a regular balcony)"

Hi,

I am considering the Mediterrania for Europe May 07

I have reserved cabin 6331 it is a aft Grand Suite with wrap around balcony,

is this the extended balcony you are refering to?

Anyone with experience with the Mediterrania in Europe I would love to hear your opinion.

What type of fellow passengers?

Alot of Children? we will be sailing May 28th

Does anyone know when school lets out for the summer in Europe?

Thank you, Jeanne

It is Cabin 6234, and it is on the side of the ship, next to the staff area. It is a regular room with a very long balcony...http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1101484225040556309npLXVA

It is a class 9 or 10 so it isn't as expensive as a suite, but I don't get a butler either...

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I didn't see this post before I posted a roll call for the same cruise! I am going to call my travel agent about the kids traveling for free (ours were not free!!) Thanks for the tips on the mattresses! We are also on the 6th deck, but we are in inside rooms! Sorry we don't have any teenagers, my girls are 11 and 8 and we also have a 7 and 1 year old traveling with the group. I can't wait to see the girls faces when they walk onto the ship!! Erin

• 2 weeks later...

My husband, myself and 16 year old daughter will be traveling with you.

This is our 10th cruise but first with Costa. I love to try new things. I

asked about the kids sail free, and they said that was not this cruise. I

bet 16 would not be considered a kid anyway. Wonder how some people

got that. Maybe there was a certain time limit for it. I read they do not do the usual all-you-can-drink soda card and was bummed. I don't usually like to carry on soda, but that may be what we do. We love our soda. Looking

forward to Spring!!

When we booked in july? there was a kids sail free promotion for anyone under 18, and it was for a month and then I saw it again later..They have a limited amount of cabins per sailing. Look for it for a future cruise because it sure makes for a savings...How I found it was on an online booking site, and it said kids sail free, I thought it would be 12 and under, but not..17 and under.

Jim and Kitty, are you flying from Spokane? Do you fly in on the 31st? we are going from Seattle on American.

Jan

When we booked in july? there was a kids sail free promotion for anyone under 18, and it was for a month and then I saw it again later..They have a limited amount of cabins per sailing. Look for it for a future cruise because it sure makes for a savings...How I found it was on an online booking site, and it said kids sail free, I thought it would be 12 and under, but not..17 and under.

Jim and Kitty, are you flying from Spokane? Do you fly in on the 31st? we are going from Seattle on American.

Jan

Jan,

We have not booked our flight yet. I was waiting for Southwest or for some

prices to come down. They are sky high. We will fly the 31st. How did you know the Jim and Kitty part and that we are from Spokane? Do we know each other? Maybe it is listed somewhere, but I didn't realize it was.

I think I will e-mail my travel agent one more time about the kids sail free as their website did have an ad for this on it but was told not this cruise.

Good for you that you found it and got to use it.

I saw your post on Carribbean Princess? I got RT from SEA for $298pp, but I booked a long time ago...glad I did... we fly in on the 31st but leave Seattle at 12 midnight...done this flight before, it's okay...

I haven't ever been on Princess, however I have 8 cruises on Carnival and this is my first on Costa...

Can't wait, it is cold here and snow is on the ground!!

Jan

Wow, that was great air. We got air from Spokane at the end of Sept. for

$338 on Delta for the Caribbean Princess, but right now it is awful.

Caribbean Princess was awesome! I rank it up there with Celebrity which is

still my favorite line. We have been on Norweign and RCL also. I am

excited to try this line as well.

It is cold and windy here in Spokane and as soon as the temperature hits

40, I can't understand why I live here and want to get to warm weather.

I have been on a sister ship ( spirit class for Carnival), so I know my way around the ship already.. we have a really big balcony and it is great to sit out on. Another family is travelling with us and it is their first cruise.They have a daughter who will be 15 on the cruise. We were down in the lower mainland (Chilliwack) for a skating competition this past weekend, and it snowed half the way home, and it is 25F this morning... Can't wait and I am glad that you joined the board...

Jan

My husband and I will be traveling with my son who is 15 and his friend age 16. This is our second Costa Cruise.

My teens are looking for other kids going on this cruise. I have a daughter who will be 17 and a son who will be 15 on the cruise....since it is kids sail for free..I know that there are a lot of kids on this cruise.

It is early but I just thought I would start the rollcall going...

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Today the temperture is -28C outside and it is COLD!!!! All I can think about is the warm sun on my balcony...last cruise it was actually too hot on the balcony to sit out in Mexico.

Hope more folks join our Roll Call and now that the ships are in the US we should be getting a lot more information from past guests..

I am looking into purchasing the wine package...I have to weigh it against the $10 daily drink package....cause there are 3 days we wouldn't be at lunch to drink, and one night at Medusa's so I don't know if it would be worth it...

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas one day late. My Dad passed away Nov. 26 from complications of Alzhiemers, and it has been a very rough month. Looking

so forward to cruising. Read on another site that Mediterranea had docked in Miami during Dec. Is this a change or are we still scheduled for Fort Lauderdale? Would be nice to know as I still haven't booked airline. I am really hoping the new year brings some sales on air. Have a very Happy New Year!

I am pretty sure that she will go out of Fort Lauderdale after the new year..It shows her scheduled to be in Fort Lauderdale on the Port schedule.

I have tickets to FLL so I hope she goes to there...

Sorry about your dad....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jan and everyone...

We will be on the Med 4/1/2007! My husband and myself with our daughters (5 and 3). My parents and sister (age 17) will also be going. Now that the holidays are over, I am hoping the time will fly - we are all looking forward to this vacation. We have all cruised before, but it will be the first cruise for my daughters and I can't wait to see their reaction.

Archived