Roll Call April 1st 2007 Mediterranea

Jdleong

We are going to stingray city with Soto cruises. It is only a 2 hour trip. Perfect for the little ones in our group.I am very excited about the stingrays. The diffrence is they are used to people handling them and come to you. Steve Irwin was handling a stingray that was not used to people everyday for the last 15 years!There are lots of post about this under grand cayman!:)

We are going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. $9 per person and lots of water activities. Lots of great reviews!:p

The only ship excursion is Roatan. Gumbalimba park with jolly roger catamaran. We really just want to go to the park, don't really need the catamaran ride, but they don't have any options!:confused:

We are just going to walk around Key West, nothing planned!

I am nervous now about the boat rocking. I used to be stationed on a 110 ft. ship and got very seasick, you feel everything on a boat that small. We went on a RC cruise 3 years ago and I felt fine, very happy I didn't ever even feel quesy. One thing I liked about this ship is that it is even bigger then the RC so I figured there wouldn't be a problem with ship movement!:eek:

Erin

I can't believe how quiet the Costa board are in comparison to other lines. When you post a question, you get answers, but where are all the reviews from past guests? Every week 2000 people get off the Mediterranea and no reviews? No comments? I hope it is because they are so happy from the cruise that they don't feel the urge to get on the boards and say bad stuff. But comments, good or bad, are always helpful.

Anyways...we will all have great comments when we get home, and with all the cold weather, it will be so nice to sit in the warm Caribbean sun, swim in the warm Caribbean water, and watch the Caribbean sunsets, not to mention eating and drinking ...oh and I think a little exercise ...if I can fit it in

Jan

First I apologize for the false thread start in the Roll call Forum. I simply did not find this thread in my excitement over a return to cruising and a return to the CC boards as well. Thank you Jan, for directing me here.

We have just booked and have not yet really done much investigation on ports or shore excursions although only Honduras will be new for us.

Prior to our last cruise ( on the Connie) I really used these boards heavily for research and plan to do so again for this cruise. It was also great to get to know a few of our fellow travelers prior to embarkation.

We are looking forward to a return to Costa as were loved our cruise on the Romantica.

Doug and Merrily

Glad you have found this thread, and I hope more join it as the cruise gets closer...only 50 days to go.. Key West is the only new port for Steve and me, but the kids haven't been to any of these ports before. And this is our first time on Costa, and I am looking forward to it... 7 more weeks...

Jan

Hello, Everyone ! :) We just booked this cruise Friday. We booked 5 cabins and might have a couple of more booked on monday.What a good deal this ship is for spring break. We (my wife and I) just got off the RCI Radiance of the seas last week. That was a great cruise with the best service we've ever had on a cruise ship.:D We haven't heard to much about Costa....I hope it will be as nice!

bob

Hello, Everyone ! :) We just booked this cruise Friday. We booked 5 cabins and might have a couple of more booked on monday.What a good deal this ship is for spring break. We (my wife and I) just got off the RCI Radiance of the seas last week. That was a great cruise with the best service we've ever had on a cruise ship.:D We haven't heard to much about Costa....I hope it will be as nice!

bob

bob, are there kids in you group? and I bet you want to get out of the cold too.Glad you have joined our CC group and we only have 7 weeks to go.

Jan

Hi Jan,

We have my youngest son who will be 18 and my daughter who will be 15, also my niece,9 and nephew,18. We are trying to get our two older kids to go, but they really are not kids anymore.

How about you any kids?

BTW we just cruised with a couple from BC, they were our table mates. After the cruise with us they boarded a Princess cruise for 14 more days!They still have a week to go yet!!!

Thanks for the reply.... I was beginning to think there was no one on this thread. Usually on a carnival or RCI thread you get many responses right away.

I still need to go back and read this thread and see what everyone's been talking about though.

Bob

I know that this is not a weather board but a blizzard has hit central Illinois and I have a 3ft drift in front of my house so I was unable to get to work today and so have had an opportunity to do a little more planning. With 35mph winds I may be able to continue planning tomorrow as well :). ( They just announced that the local schools will be closed tomorrow and it is only 1:00 pm !)

It has been a hoot reading all the reviews. We have only been on 3 cruises but each was so different from the preceding one. I have found that my pleasure is dependent largely on my expectations and I can assure you that we will have a good time.

We have opted for a day at the spa ( http://www.santewellnesscenter.com) in Roatan after reading so many glowing reviews. It will be a short visit due to our brief port time but it certainly sounds relaxing.

I had originally planned on returning to Stingray City on Grand Cayman but after realizing that there will be somewhere around 13,000 visitors in port that day I decided to try something different. We are trying to rent a car and then will head off to the botanical gardens and travel on our own. Now I am just crossing my fingers and hope that there are still vehicles left since I have not had a response yet on my booking.

Now all we have to do is get some sort of plan for Key West and Cozumel although I really don't think Key West requires much planning.

Looking forwaard to seeing you all, Doug

Hi Doug,

Looks like you have quite a storm down there. We are just getting a little bit of it in Michigan.

As far as stingray city...we were just there and you would be suprised at how few people go there now. We went there in 2005 and there were a lot people and boats there. This last time there, only two boats ...us and another. I think the Steve Irwin thing has a lot to do with it. We are going to go again because the kids have never gone. We will also do the turtle farm, that is alot of fun....you can hold sea turtles...great big ones! I think at Cozumel we will go to Chankanaab. Here is a link to it http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/ We have been here before and to Paridise beach. Paridise beach is free but you have to buy I think $12 in drinks each person and the snorkling there is not good. The snorkling at Chankanaab is much better( it's a national park I believe).

At Roatan we are going to Gumbalimba Park. You can only book this through the cruise line Click here: gumbalimbapark .

Here is our first list....

Call name, real names,(ages), from

jdleong Jan,Steve,Michael(15)Stephanie(17) BC Canada

thornhills Maggie,Chris,Alexis(16) BC Canada

JR Ewing Husband,wife,daughter(5)

Mom and Stepdad

Yeldarb DH,DW,twin daughters(12) Alanta GA

Highcard Erin,DH,(11)(8) Charleston,SC

ROWSE Jim,Cathy Spokane WA

mkr2108 DW,DH,son(15)friend(16) New Jersey

Petra 71 Dw,DH,girls(5)(3) Parents and sister(17)

KLS0606 Phillis,DH,son(9) daughter(14) Florida

drb Doug,Merrily IL

Love-to-travel Bob,DW, girls (15),(9),boys (18) (18)

5 cabins full

any more???? we are over 45 folks!!!!

Hi Doug, I do not envy you and your weather!! I can't wait for this vacation!! There are 10 in our group. DH, Girls 11, 8. My brother and his DW and 18 month old. And 2 more friends with a 7 year old boy. We are doing stingray city in GC through Soto tours, Gumbalimba park (The girls can't wait to play with the monkey's), and paradise city in Cozumel. This is our first time to all of the ports. Hope you stay warm!! Erin

Mom and Stepdad

Highcard Erin,DH,DD's(11)(8) ,DB,&,SIL &(18mo old) Charleston SC

2 friends plus their DD(7)

ROWSE Jim,Cathy Spokane WA

drb Doug,Merrily IL

5 cabins full

any more???? we are over 45 folks!!!!

It keeps growing...

Unofficial list of Cruise Critic roll callers

Mom and Stepdad

Highcard Erin,DH,(11)(8) ,DB&SIL&(18mo old)Charleston,SC

2 friend + DD (7)

ROWSE Jim,Kitty,Amy (16) Spokane WA

drb Doug,Merrily IL

5 cabins full

any more????

The good news is we got our E-docs for the cruise today although I must admit I do miss the little bound book and and luggage tags. :). I have also been unable to access the Costa site to even look at their shore excursion offerings. After entering our booking number I keep getting the reply that they are "amending our information" and that we can access those parts of the site within 48 hours but it still isn't happening. I'm not necessarily interested in excursions thru the ship but I do like to see what is offered. Well, at least we have the E-docs and can look forward to temperatures above zero. Early winter was mild but we had a real blizzard earlier and have 4ft snowdrifts in the front yard.

How come you got e-doc's and these people got a booklet? I want a booklet!

I can access on the website, maybe they are changing your cabin?

Jan

Received CRuise Documents, Nice Touch by Costa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received our cruise documents for our February 25th Costa cruise via UPS Express about a half hour ago. Costa binds everything into a booklet, including ticket, shore excursion info, forms, etc. Even the luggage tags are in there, and they are pre-printed. A nice way to present it. Much better than the way it is handled by Princess. Our second cruise in about a month. It is nice to be retired.

I booked this cruise thu an online company just 8 days ago and the representative told me that Costa need my e-mail address in order to send E-docs, but that his experience had been that they normally sent out hard copies. I love computers but I do miss that "touch" of formal documents and I hope I will not miss pre-printed luggage tags! I checked the Costa site and am still unable to access our cruise as they are still "amending" our information (:. I sent an e-mail to the Costa webmaster but have heard nothing. If I still can't do anything I'll give'em a call this weekend to see if they can fix the issue.

Have had quite a run-around with the car rental agency in Grand Cayman as they tried to upgrade me to an Expedition ------ (fyi, I drive a Prius). I think we have it worked out, we will just have to wait and see when we get there.

Heading for the airport in 42 days and8hrs:)

I remember that they are a lot of Mercedes in GC, and with such a big car, you could give me a lift to the beach. Just Kidding...I have my excursion to Stringray city already booked. I don't know about you, but I am starting to think Winter will never end...it is suppose to snow AGAIN today. I'm hoping my AWFUL travel agent ( never again) will call me and tell me my doc are at the office soon. I better see some Champagne in my cabin, cause they haven't done anything for their fee...Everytime I call, I get no response back. I asked them to check into a shipboard credit cause the fares went down, no response, and Costa said I had to talk with them...Carnival's staff is so much better to deal with than this travel agency, and I will never go through a TA again...deal directly with the cruiseline and you have a better chance for an OBC.The reason I chose a TA was they could get the Cabin I wanted and I couldn't, Costa said it was booked.

Have a great weekend, and see you in 6 weeks, sounds shorter than 42 days

Jan

My daughter will be 15 in June and she is desparately looking for a friend to hang out with on the ship. She is pretty shy. We will be in cabin 4160. where are you on the ship? Maybe we can arrange a spot where the girls can meet. My son is 9 and loves to go to the squok club so his big sis just feels lost until she meets someone. If you daughter talks on AIM Maybe the girls can IM each other as time gets closer. 5 weeks and counting. We have been on the mediterreanea last April and loved it.

I remember that they are a lot of Mercedes in GC, and with such a big car, you could give me a lift to the beach. Just Kidding...I have my excursion to Stringray city already booked. I don't know about you, but I am starting to think Winter will never end...it is suppose to snow AGAIN today. I'm hoping my AWFUL travel agent ( never again) will call me and tell me my doc are at the office soon. I better see some Champagne in my cabin, cause they haven't done anything for their fee...Everytime I call, I get no response back. I asked them to check into a shipboard credit cause the fares went down, no response, and Costa said I had to talk with them...Carnival's staff is so much better to deal with than this travel agency, and I will never go through a TA again...deal directly with the cruiseline and you have a better chance for an OBC.The reason I chose a TA was they could get the Cabin I wanted and I couldn't, Costa said it was booked.

Have a great weekend, and see you in 6 weeks, sounds shorter than 42 days

Jan

I just received my costa books today. Thru UPS. I also booked online throu a travel agent http://www.ship2shoretravel.joystar.com. But we booked in August and got the kids sail free package. Check in is 1:30 Do you think they will have a lunch buffet available? They did when we went last year but check in was 11:30 and we got on board right at noon. Lugage was to our cabins very early too. The kids and I are getting excited. even though we are in florida it has been cold for us 31 low and 50 high. I am ready for this vacation.

I am sure ( I have never been on Costa ...remember) that you will get on at lunch time...other posts have mentioned it, but it didn't leave the terminal till after 7 yesterday...But I know that we are served lunch on Sunday, cause when I called about the X1 package I asked if it started at lunch Sunday, and they said yes...

Have your daughter e-mail me her address, mine is jdleong@shaw.ca and I will pass it on to both my kids.Our cabin is 6234

It is snowing this morning, what's new? and I have tried on clothes over the weekend, next the suitcases!!!!

Maybe my tickets will come this week, I chatted with my TA and she is getting married on a Princess cruise in March, so maybe she has been busy..but she said that my cabin is more expensive that what I paid, since the kids aren't free anymore...I still think I got a bargain...

Jan

I am so excited! We received our boarding books today from our TA. Nice books that have our luggage tags in them. I am counting down the days!!! I still think we got a pretty good deal and haven't noticed the prices dropping really! I hope you get yours soon Jan! I was looking at our suitcases last week, but it is still a little early to bring them out the attic!!:)

Hello! We are officially booked on this cruise. Me, hubby, sister, and sons 13 and 15. We are trying to make up for a canceled trip due to problems with an airline this past weekend. This was the best price. We've never cruised this line before, so we're hoping to enjoy it. It seems to have some things a little different, but I'm sure we'll adjust!

Anyone had experience bring on soda? The boys are used to the unlimited soda cards, so I'd rather have cans in the cabin for them to drink.

Do they show movies, or do they just have shows in the theatres? I think they charge for movies in the cabins.

TIA!

Here is our newest list....

Mom and Stepdad

Highcard Erin,DH,(11)(8) ,DB&SIL&(18mo old)Charleston,SC

2 friend + DD (7)

ROWSE Jim,Kitty,Amy (16) Spokane WA

drb Doug,Merrily IL

5 cabins full

tiggrbaby Tia,DH,Sister, Son (13) Son(15)

Archived