Roll Call April 1st 2007 Mediterranea

Jdleong

Hello,

Have not seen final payment on my credit card yet but ecruises say they take it out automatically in Jan. Finally gave up and booked our airfare from Spokane. Paid a very ugly $535 per person. Oh well, the cruise was a big bargain so I guess you save on one you pay more for another. Any suggestions on hotels the night before the cruise. They seem to be very high priced at this time as well.

No snow here yet (we are in PA).. but it was almost 70 here on Saturday! Crazy! A bit chillier today. The kids can't wait. My parents can't wait. My sis can't wait.. it is the first time we are all traveling together. It is also our first time on Costa. Counting the days.....

Hello,

Have not seen final payment on my credit card yet but ecruises say they take it out automatically in Jan. Finally gave up and booked our airfare from Spokane. Paid a very ugly $535 per person. Oh well, the cruise was a big bargain so I guess you save on one you pay more for another. Any suggestions on hotels the night before the cruise. They seem to be very high priced at this time as well.

I have reservations at Sleep Inn Dania ($170) and also at Super8 Dania for $146, but I think I will go with Sleep Inn...They shuttle you from the Airport to the hotel and to the cruiseship free...Across the street is a Walgreen's, a Publix supermarket, and some restaurants, no need for a vehicle...

If you want a good seafood restaurant, try the Rustic Inn...we went there last year, and might be there again..

Which airline are you flying? Also it is cold and snowing out, so I can't wait till April and 80F weather...

Jan

I have reservations at Sleep Inn Dania ($170) and also at Super8 Dania for $146, but I think I will go with Sleep Inn...They shuttle you from the Airport to the hotel and to the cruiseship free...Across the street is a Walgreen's, a Publix supermarket, and some restaurants, no need for a vehicle...

If you want a good seafood restaurant, try the Rustic Inn...we went there last year, and might be there again..

Which airline are you flying? Also it is cold and snowing out, so I can't wait till April and 80F weather...

Jan

Wow, that is a lot of money for hotels. Is that for one room? I have not paid more than around $100 even during spring break. Noticed the hotel

we stayed at in September for $76 is now $179. Ugh! Not sure it was even

worth $76. It was Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport. It was a great free shuttle service, though. We are flying to FLL on United and back to Spokane

on Southwest. Getting very excited!

Wow, that is a lot of money for hotels. Is that for one room? I have not paid more than around $100 even during spring break. Noticed the hotel

we stayed at in September for $76 is now $179. Ugh! Not sure it was even

worth $76. It was Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport. It was a great free shuttle service, though. We are flying to FLL on United and back to Spokane

on Southwest. Getting very excited!

I stayed last year at the Sheraton airport and it wasn't that much either, but it is outrageous that the price is so high because of Spring break. The Sheraton is $350, more than my flight to FLL. I am trying to justify the price, by not having to pay for a rental car, and using their transportation.. That is for one room with 4 people. The reviews on the Sleep Inn have been pretty good... Today it was -24F when I got up, boy do I need a vacation in the warm carribbean...

Jan

I stayed last year at the Sheraton airport and it wasn't that much either, but it is outrageous that the price is so high because of Spring break. The Sheraton is $350, more than my flight to FLL. I am trying to justify the price, by not having to pay for a rental car, and using their transportation.. That is for one room with 4 people. The reviews on the Sleep Inn have been pretty good... Today it was -24F when I got up, boy do I need a vacation in the warm carribbean...

Jan

I decided to take a chance and do a three star hotel on hotwire. We got the

Bahia Mar Beach Resort which use to be the Radisson. It was $104 plus tax.

It is one mile from Port Everglades and sounds great although, of course, it has mixed reviews. It is at the beach so I'm sure we'll love it. I have never

tried hotwire before, so we'll see how this goes. Have you registered on the

Costa site yet? When I tried it would not give me the United States as a choice for country so I could not do it. Wrote an e-mail asking Costa about it, but no reply. After reading a lot of negatives on their customer service,

it makes me a bit nervous. I would love to read their shore excursions, but

you can't unless you are registered on your cruise. We already have one booked in Roatan that is a private contractor. It is very cold here too, and I am looking forward to sun.

Jan

I decided to take a chance and do a three star hotel on hotwire. We got the

Bahia Mar Beach Resort which use to be the Radisson. It was $104 plus tax.

It is one mile from Port Everglades and sounds great although, of course, it has mixed reviews. It is at the beach so I'm sure we'll love it. I have never

tried hotwire before, so we'll see how this goes. Have you registered on the

Costa site yet? When I tried it would not give me the United States as a choice for country so I could not do it. Wrote an e-mail asking Costa about it, but no reply. After reading a lot of negatives on their customer service,

it makes me a bit nervous. I would love to read their shore excursions, but

you can't unless you are registered on your cruise. We already have one booked in Roatan that is a private contractor. It is very cold here too, and I am looking forward to sun.

Hotel looks nice, but there isn't free transportation , but with the savings you can pay a taxi...I have looked at the excursions, but haven't chose anything yet..just plan to snorkel a lot and I have no idea of what to do in Key West.

I have to order the X1 drink package for Steve and myself, and the kids drink cards. I will still take wine on board for the balcony sunsets, and soda and water from Publix...across the street from my hotel.

When are you flying down, we get in at 12 on Sat. and don't leave on Sunday till 3:30, that is a long time at FLL...we have lunch at Chili's at the airport. It is suppose to snow 5 inches tonight and tomorrow, so I can't wait to be hot. Keep posting...

Jan

I tried to post a new thread and it didn't post anything other then the title!

Does anyone know if they have mini refridgerators in the inside staterooms on the mediterannea?

Also does anyone know what time we can start boarding the ship? I know we aren't due to leave until 700pm, but we were wanting to board around lunch time.

Also do they have coin operated laundry on board?

I am soooo excited now! We made our final payment on Friday!! I can't wait for vacation!!! It actually felt like winter here this past week, YUCK!!

Erin

Our Family will be going on the Mediterreanea on april 1st also. We have an 9 year old Boy and 14 (almost 15 year old) girl. this will be our second cruise with Costa (Both on the Mediterreanea) We went last april to the Eastern Carribbean. Both times we got the kids sail free deal. The kids loved it, my son loved the squok club and very seldom wanted to eat or be with us while on the ship. Our daughter was at a little shyer age and stayed with us until we found her a friend. That is why I am trying the post boards after she found a friend she had fun but was bored and would not join any of the activities for teens without a friend there. So if anyone has a daughter who is 13-15 and would like someone to go to the teen activities with. please let us know. Also any questions about the cruise anyone has I will do my best to answer. The drink cards for the kids were a great investment.

Phyllis

I don't know about the refregerators on inside staterooms but the balcony category 7 saterooms had fridge/minibar. Coin op laundry = yes and we boarded around 12:00 for a 4:00 departure on the mediterreana last april for the eastern. When we got our tickets they told us when we could board then. So I am planning to board around lunch also. When we get our tickets if I find out different I will re-post.

Thanks for the quick reply! My oldest daughter will be 11 and the youngest 8.

I am glad to hear they do have coin op. laundry. Where is it located? This is our second cruise but the kids first time cruising. We can't wait!! I'm glad your kids enjoyed the squak club, I hope my girls do! Thanks again for your help! Erin

Phyllis, I know that as the cruise gets closer , more families will be on the boards and there should be some kids for your daughter. My kids often chat with others prior to going, and get to know kids who will be on the trip. If we all meet before sailing, we could get them started...I saw your daughter's thread on Roll call part.My son is in 9th grade, and my daughter is in 11th.

So you feel the drink card was worth it? I got each of my kids one, but I will be bringing soda on board, I want them to use the card for virgin drinks. Last April were there lots of kids? did they behave?

I can't wait... it is snowing again...and I need a vacation...

Jan

Our daughter will be almost 17. She is also in the 11th grade. She has

gone to the teens group in the past on other ships and then ended up not doing much with it. She and I have fun doing stuff together anyway while my husband naps. On other cruises we have been on, the soda card lets you get all you want in sodas the entire cruise for one price. How much is their soda package and how does it work? I love my diet coke or pepsi so I am

the one most interested in that.

Jan: Our flight gets in at approximately 7:45 p.m. Sat. and we leave at

2:30 p.m. on Sunday.

I can sympathize on the snow I had 40 years of it in Ohio and that was enough we are located in Florida now. As for the drink cards, yes because my kids drank the virgin drinks instead of the pop/soda (depending upon what part of the country) I say pop (ohio) my kids tell me soda (florida). However by end of the cruise I would have killed for a Mt Dew myself :-) Yes there were lots of kids. Yes, they all behaved pretty well. We didn't witness any incidents of teens or little ones acting out. I love how the ship is layed out you can get from one end to the other on some of the floors without going directly through the areas where the cabins are. Other ships we have been on no matter what floor you have to treck through the halls of cabins.

I can sympathize on the snow I had 40 years of it in Ohio and that was enough we are located in Florida now. As for the drink cards, yes because my kids drank the virgin drinks instead of the pop/soda (depending upon what part of the country) I say pop (ohio) my kids tell me soda (florida). However by end of the cruise I would have killed for a Mt Dew myself :-) Yes there were lots of kids. Yes, they all behaved pretty well. We didn't witness any incidents of teens or little ones acting out. I love how the ship is layed out you can get from one end to the other on some of the floors without going directly through the areas where the cabins are. Other ships we have been on no matter what floor you have to treck through the halls of cabins.

Soft drinks aren't worth it, but Milk shakes and Virgin Delights would be..

BOYS & GIRLS CARD $59 inclusive of tip

20 alcohol free drinks form the following selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Sirups.

I called it "pop" in California but up here it is "soda".. I plan to bring that stuff on board for the cabin...Dr Pepper!!!

On Carnival, my kids like to get drinks for other kids, they knew how to go to different bars..

Any idea as to what to do in Key West???

Jan

Soft drinks aren't worth it, but Milk shakes and Virgin Delights would be..

BOYS & GIRLS CARD $59 inclusive of tip

20 alcohol free drinks form the following selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Sirups.

I called it "pop" in California but up here it is "soda".. I plan to bring that stuff on board for the cabin...Dr Pepper!!!

On Carnival, my kids like to get drinks for other kids, they knew how to go to different bars..

Any idea as to what to do in Key West???

I really like the Spirit class ships, they are small enough that your don't even feel like you on a cruise with 2200 others..

Jan

Jan guess what, Maria was trying to lead during the Walse,:mad: drove me crazy but we did fine on the cha cha:) :) just started tonight. Hope you guys have a great time on costa and wandering if we made the right choise on our ship. Say hi to Steve for me. FOURRRRR:confused:

I want to hear about Jan and Steve burning up the dance floor when you guys get back.:) Plus what is your favorite ballroom dance, sorry have to go Maria's calling me time to practice:confused: :confused: :confused:

I truly like the Rumba...I do it all the time at my gym in the aerobics room with the mirrors, headset on and no one can tell which song I have on, so they don't know when I mess up. Also no one else is usually in there...

Steve needs to practice, he works too much..Hope the lessons are going well..

Are you guys getting excited or is it just too far out still? I keep reading all the comments people have about Costa, and I can't wait to see for myself.

Any new cruisers? Anyone starting to look at the suitcases? Try on the summer clothes to see if the fit? Starting a diet so you can eat all the wonderful food? 58 more days.....

Jan

Hi Jan,

I am sooooooo excited!! :DI have been trying to lose at least 5 pounds so I can breath in my formal dress!! :pI have already been packing in my mind. We have 10 in our group. I even typed a list of all the ports with times and the things I want to do there, included websites and emailed to the rest of my group!! My husband says I should own stock in cruise critic!! ;)I can't wait to see the kids faces when they see the ship. We are also going to stingray city and I think this will be a blast with the girls. They are excited about the monkies in Gumbalimba park! It is cold and rainy here! I am dreaming of clear blue waters and NO WORK!!!:):)

Oh the weight issue. I started to excercise more beginning in January and

then February I am going to try to dump the sweets. I had ice cream with

chocolate sauce for a snack today so so much for today. Oh well, I am a

Weight Watchers alumni so I know what to do. Just need a few off to feel

comfortable about eating all I want on the cruise. I always bring about 4 more pounds home with me from cruising. Then I have to really watch it

as I keep on eating when I get home.

I am so excited to go. Been reading some really awful reviews of this

ship (one of the new ones on the members reviews) and I have to admit

it does make me a little concerned. I have never heard that this ship rocks

terribly accept for that particular review. Anyone hear that? We are not

prone to sea sickness but maybe we'll bring something this time if that

is the case. I've been on some really rocking ships due to weather, but

that reveiw makes it sound like it is the norm. All ships get a bad review

from time to time so I try to keep that in mind when I read those. There

is always something positive even in the worst of circumstances, so I know

it'll be fantastic. I just look forward to sun. It has been so grey here and

cold cold cold!!!

I have been buying things here and there already. Got that underwater camera ready!!!! Can't wait to snorkel!!!

We are doing a Victor Bodden tour in Roatan. Anyone doing or done that?

Hope we can get all in we want there. It is a short time span at that port.

Highcard, wear the tightest dress on the first formal night, and have a stretchy one for the farewell gala...that's what I do

ROWSE- snorkeling at the West End in Roatan is the BEST!!!! I have done Tayabana beach before and I loved it, but, you can only go there thru a cruise excursion..

You can also snorkel at Eden Rock in Grand Cayman, and it is only a short walk from where the tenders let you off. I am still trying to get the group to go to Stingray city , if Steve Irwin hadn't died they would all be willing to go.I have done this before and it was great. I am still undecided about Key West and Cozumel. It will be my first visit to Key West and my 3rd to Cozumel.

Keep the board going, it is nice to know that I am not the only addicted to this place.

Jan

Archived