Super 8 Fort Lauderdale

lovestocruise19

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are on the Carnival Freedom repo and are trying to save some money on the pre-cruise hotel stay. I've read mixed reviews. All we need is a clean place to stay the night and maybe some food nearby. I have read that they offer free transport from airport AND to cruise port the next day. Can't beat that. I just would prefer not to stay in a disgusting hotel!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you! The place we've stayed at for 4 cruises is up $100 since January! I hate to think or I should say I'm not paying $200 to $300 for a stay that's less than 12 hours. Everything I've looked at is well over $200. My pocketbook says that's crazy.

I definitely wouldn't stay here.....never stay at a hotel with a number in the name.....i.e. Motel 6, Super 8 :p

Check out the Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania....they have reasonable prices and they provide a shuttle to the cruise port. We have stayed there twice before

• 6 months later...

We are sailing April 11th and all the hotels we normally stay at on Sterling street have really gone up. . . Super 8 in Dania is going for $150 a night - anyone stay here recently? I read mixed reviews and even checked it out on Google Earth. There is even a restaurant within walking distance visited by Food Channels triple D's. Just looking for some recent experience for one night before a cruise (no car).

We are sailing April 11th and all the hotels we normally stay at on Sterling street have really gone up. . . Super 8 in Dania is going for $150 a night - anyone stay here recently? I read mixed reviews and even checked it out on Google Earth. There is even a restaurant within walking distance visited by Food Channels triple D's. Just looking for some recent experience for one night before a cruise (no car).

Advice from a local: There are two legendary local restaurants (Grampa's and Jaxsons) a decent walk from that Super 8. But unless you are very comfortable walking in tough urban neighborhoods I advise against making the trek after dark. The Walgreen's across the street is no longer open 24 hours as no one looking for legal sundries is out and about there late at night. And the many non-chain motels in the neighborhood specialize in hourly bookings, if you catch my drift.

Edited by fishywood

Advice from a local: There are two legendary local restaurants (Grampa's and Jaxsons) a decent walk from that Super 8. But unless you are very comfortable walking in tough urban neighborhoods I advise against making the trek after dark. The Walgreen's across the street is no longer open 24 hours as no one looking for legal sundries is out and about there late at night. And the many non-chain motels in the neighborhood specialize in hourly bookings, if you catch my drift.

Just the information we were looking for. We are planning to walk to Grampa's for an early dinner then a quick stop at the Walgreen's and be back to the hotel before dark.

Did all the hotels increase by $100 because of Spring Break? I've traveled in March before an not had an issue finding a decent hotel on Stirling Road for a good rate.

This.

Just the information we were looking for. We are planning to walk to Grampa's for an early dinner then a quick stop at the Walgreen's and be back to the hotel before dark.

Did all the hotels increase by $100 because of Spring Break? I've traveled in March before an not had an issue finding a decent hotel on Stirling Road for a good rate.

We don't get a tremendous amount of spring breakers. This time of year the majority of our visitors are from another country.

Hotel prices are up because occupancy is through the roof.