Sunday in cozumel

mykindaparty

We will be in cozumel on a Sunday and just found out that all of the beach clubs are closed on sundays. Needing suggestions on either resort with all inclusive day pass or island tours please.

TIA

Janet

Nachi Cocom is great. We do Nachi every time. They only allow 100 people in there max. Great AI.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

We will be in cozumel on a Sunday and just found out that all of the beach clubs are closed on sundays. Needing suggestions on either resort with all inclusive day pass or island tours please.

TIA

Janet

We always do nachi too but they are closed on sundays

Whilst the vibe is definitely different on a Sunday without the usual cruisers, there are still plenty of hotel guests staying on the island.

Sunday is definitely considered a "family" day with gatherings in the square and many locals taking to the beach.

I assume you have contacted Nachi but their webiste says daily and they are the beach club for a couple of in town hotels so I am surprised they are closed? Mr Sanchos is closed but Paradise Beach opens and I am sure many of the non-AI beach bars will be open. If you need AI I would suggest looking at Island Marketing or Cozumel Water sports to consider a day pass to hotel resort and see if they are available. Sky Reef, Money Bar, Buccanos are open.- all depends on what facilities you are looking for. Not so sure what is open on the east side on a Sunday as I have never been, I know many locals go to Chen Rio but they may take ther own food and drink.

Looking at your ship excursions will give you an idea of what is available even if you do it privately.

When you have narrowed down your choices I would contact the facility direct to check they are open and what extra facilities are available (Watersports if you require them) on a Sunday.

• 7 months later...
Just discovered we will be in Cozumel on a Sunday, are the stores and bars by the cruise ship closed? Wanted to do Mr. Sanchos but they are closed. Wondering if a lot will be closed.

Suggestions in my previous post on this thread.

Paradise beach is open and similar to Mr Sanchos but small facility fee then PAYG. Extras for water sports and water toys but don't know if they are available on a Sunday - you would need to check directly.

Palancar does not have toys etc, if that is what you are looking for. They usually have diving and snorkeling vendors but again I don't know if they are available on a Sunday.

Which pier will you be at?

There's always La Iglezia de San Miguel, if you want to share in the local culture.

DW and I managed to slip in and sat quietly at the back for a few minutes during what appeared to be a baptism. We felt like we had touched a small but important part of the place. It is only a moment to stop in and say a prayer.

Edited by capncarp

Not sure what pier. The Anthem of the Seas will be there too. We just would like to relax and enjoy some food & drink. That's why we kind of wanted all inclusive.

What ship and what date?

If you really want AI, I suggest you look at the broker sites I suggested and look at the various resort hotels that are offered.

If your pier is the one south of town and not right in San Miguel, there is a resort that we have stayed at before called El Cid, La Ceiba. I believe it is $65 for an AI day pass. They don't have inflatables in the water, but they have a nice pool, a manmade beach, and steps into the water to snorkel. The food and drink are good. It's only about a block or two from the pier.

NCL Pearl on 11/6/16. It's a charter.

I will check them out. Thank you

Anthem will dock at International pier south of town. Norwegian generally docks at Punta Langosta, in town, so you will be close to town and town square, unless they decide to only open one pier.