St. Thomas shopping

Eileenfa1

I posted this to ports but, never got a reply. Just want to know if going to downtown area is worth the walk- I'm in a wheelchair and wanting to buy jewelry from a reputable place. Also, how far is downtown from have sight area? Thanks

I posted this to ports but, never got a reply. Just want to know if going to downtown area is worth the walk- I'm in a wheelchair and wanting to buy jewelry from a reputable place. Also, how far is downtown from have sight area? Thanks

Most of the same shops are also located at the port. The downtown is about a mile or so. There are constant trolleys running back and forth.

Downtown Is a great place to get jewelry. It seems to be better than shopping at the pier in my opinion. I have gotten lots of jewelry for my DW in St Thomas, this is her favorite island.

It is a 2 mile walk along the walkway. We went last time and there were nothing more than jewelry shops. Tons of them I should say. The streets do have sidewalks but you would have to step not sure if manageable in a wheel chair. They had large drop offs that I recall. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

You can catch a taxi down for $4pp each way, at least that is what it was in Dec.

It wasn't for us, will stay at the pier next time.

Keep checking the ports of call board for info, someone might eventually post there. The mods will probably move your post there anyway. Good luck, but in my own experience, I found there was plenty of varied shopping stores at Havensight. Though I admit I was not looking for jewellery. Try googling Havensight mall/St Thomas for info on what stores are there too. Have a great cruise.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Years ago, we were there and I bought a couple necklaces, as well as a tanzanite bracelet with diamonds. I will say i check at least 8 - 10 other shops close by, to see if the design/price paid was going to be good, or compare. When I got home,my son told me I paid a good price for what I got. :)