EQUINOX - 10 Day Ultimate Caribbean - Picture Trip Report 3/14/14...

FRMPEI

I know your report is from a couple of years ago, but do you know if the new Excelerate Hi-Speed Wi-Fi onboard would be fast enough to handle an Android IPTV box for live TV ? Thanks

That I can't really answer. I am hearing mixed reviews on this. During our 2015 cruise we had 90 minutes free internet and its was pretty bad. Sorry that I could not of been more help.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin, if you remember we were on this cruise with you. It makes me smile that this review has popped up on the first page again. We really enjoyed this cruise our first on the Equinox. We were on her again last September in Spain and the cruise was excellent. We ate in the MDR and food was as good or better than it was in 2014. Service was outstanding. We will be on the Equinox again next month for the New Orleans cruise. I always look for your reviews so I can see your pictures. Hopefully you are taking another one this March. Hope all is well with you.

Really enjoying this thread. Will be having our 1st Equinox cruise in May and so looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your first Equinox in May we will be back on Equinox March 2017. I see you are from Brunswick, OH and I had to google that one because was not familiar with that. In the early 2000's we made a few trips to Geauga Lake Amusement Park (Six Flags Ohio Then) so sad to see that it did not survive.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin, if you remember we were on this cruise with you. It makes me smile that this review has popped up on the first page again. We really enjoyed this cruise our first on the Equinox. We were on her again last September in Spain and the cruise was excellent. We ate in the MDR and food was as good or better than it was in 2014. Service was outstanding. We will be on the Equinox again next month for the New Orleans cruise. I always look for your reviews so I can see your pictures. Hopefully you are taking another one this March. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for coming back to the trip report. Looks likes this 2017 will be the last for Equinox's 10 & 11 day Ultimate Caribbean tours. Reflection will be taking over the 10 & 11 days Ultimate Caribbean in the fall of 2017. We have the 10 day booked on Reflection for March 2018.

Looking forward to creating an other Photo/Video Trip Report this Spring when we get back from our March 11 day Equinox cruise. We had to cancel last year's 14 day Eclipse in March 2016 and are really looking forward to 2017's cruise. I will post a link in my two previous Trip Reports when the 2017 version is started.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thanks for coming back to the trip report. Looks likes this 2017 will be the last for Equinox's 10 & 11 day Ultimate Caribbean tours. Reflection will be taking over the 10 & 11 days Ultimate Caribbean in the fall of 2017. We have the 10 day booked on Reflection for March 2018.

Looking forward to creating an other Photo/Video Trip Report this Spring when we get back from our March 11 day Equinox cruise. We had to cancel last year's 14 day Eclipse in March 2016 and are really looking forward to 2017's cruise. I will post a link in my two previous Trip Reports when the 2017 version is started.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I really enjoyed your last review and am looking forward to a new review when you return from Equinox in March. We are booked on the Equinox in October for 10 nights, anxious to see/hear what you think of it. Are you doing the All in plan again? (one price includes airfare, transfers and cruise)

Thanks, Cathy

I really enjoyed your last review and am looking forward to a new review when you return from Equinox in March. We are booked on the Equinox in October for 10 nights, anxious to see/hear what you think of it. Are you doing the All in plan again? (one price includes airfare, transfers and cruise)

Thanks, Cathy

Cathy,

Have a great time in October. We are not doing the all Celebrity inclusive for 2017. I actually booked our 2017 cruise back in January 2015. As a matter of fact and unfortunately Celebrity choose not to offer an all inclusive from the Maritimes for 2017. But, I do think they are still offering from Quebec and Ontario. Too bad because it was really good and convenient deal for us Maritimers.

Regards

Regards,

Kevin Reid

WooHooo!!! Looks like we will be sailing together once more. :D:cool::eek::p:)

• 2 months later...

A few years late but I found your report looking for some pictures for our upcoming Equinox cruise and LOVED It! I haven't written a trip report (I also am from the theme park world with reports not reviews) in about 5 years and haven't read a full one in a few years either. You did a great job, it was exciting with honest thoughts (but not complaining or whining) and the pictures were fabulous. I can't wait to read your others, especially the Equinox one you are on now! I'd love to know who your Captain is this sailing, we are hoping for a particular one which can always change before June but it would be nice to know if we have a chance!

A few years late but I found your report looking for some pictures for our upcoming Equinox cruise and LOVED It! I haven't written a trip report (I also am from the theme park world with reports not reviews) in about 5 years and haven't read a full one in a few years either. You did a great job, it was exciting with honest thoughts (but not complaining or whining) and the pictures were fabulous. I can't wait to read your others, especially the Equinox one you are on now! I'd love to know who your Captain is this sailing, we are hoping for a particular one which can always change before June but it would be nice to know if we have a chance!

Hi pirategitl007,

Thanks for finding and adding your comments on the "Trip Report". We are just back form our 2017 Equinox cruise. For our 2017 cruise there was a captain change somewhere during the cruise which we did not even realize until the final evening of the cruise. The replacement captain was Captain Coasta (sp?) I have a big job in front of me to prepare for the 2017 Photo Video Trip Report. I will give an update to this thread when I start my new 2017 Trip Report. Have a great June 2017 cruise abroad Equinox.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi pirategitl007,

Thanks for finding and adding your comments on the "Trip Report". We are just back form our 2017 Equinox cruise. For our 2017 cruise there was a captain change somewhere during the cruise which we did not even realize until the final evening of the cruise. The replacement captain was Captain Coasta (sp?) I have a big job in front of me to prepare for the 2017 Photo Video Trip Report. I will give an update to this thread when I start my new 2017 Trip Report. Have a great June 2017 cruise abroad Equinox.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We were on the March 13 sailing as well, didn't realize there was a change in captains.

We were on the March 13 sailing as well, didn't realize there was a change in captains.

We would of never know either but after the late comedian show of the last evening the Captain came out to say thank you for sailing Celebrity. The Cruise Director, John, when introducing the captain told us of the change. After the show the captain was also in the entertain court and Yep! he was not the same guy that was at our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin...

Silly question maybe but... are selfie sticks for Gopro allowed in carryon bag on plane do u know??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

My carry on is only for my camera gear with includes Joby Action Clamps & Gorilla pods. I see no reason why a GoPole or other stick would not be allowed. In my checked luggage I usually take a mono pod and Gopole just because of their length.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

My carry on is only for my camera gear with includes Joby Action Clamps & Gorilla pods. I see no reason why a GoPole or other stick would not be allowed. In my checked luggage I usually take a mono pod and Gopole just because of their length.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thank u. Best review ever BTW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I have started my second Equinox Photo Video Trip Report from our 11 Day Ultimate Caribbean March 13, 2017 cruise. Lots more photos, videos and ramblings from me on our latest adventure.

Click for EQUINOX PART DEUX

Link also in my signature.

Regards,

Kevin Reid