Supershuttle from L.A.airport or airport hotel?

eetonaee

We will be stayng at the Sheraton near LAX on Saturday night before our Sunday cruise from San Pedro.

Should we take the hotel shuttle back to the airport on Sunday to catch a SuperShuttle to San Pedro or should we book one to pick us up at the hotel?

I'm assuming that for 2 of us the Supershuttle is cheaper than a cab.

Thanks

eetonaee,

I am assuming the price is the same either way...Why take the extra leg back into the zoo that is the airport? I would have them just pick you up at the hotel...Likely they'll near fill one up at the terminals and pick you up on the way out...

wowzo,

Why on earth are you getting a transportation quote from "the Amtrak Station in LA" to the port? The LA "Amtrak Station" is Union Station, just north of Downtown...It is nowhere near LAX or any large number of tourist attractions, nor is it near the port...AND there is no reason any tourist, escpecially a cruise passenger, should be considering staying in a hotel anywhere near there...Please don't tell me you booked a hotel in Downtown...

I called them last week. I was quoted $62 for 2 from Amtrak station in LA to San Pedro. Didn't sound too bad to me.

You know if you are traveling Amtrak you can get ticketed directly on an Amtrak ticket to San Pedro. It is via Amtrak Thruway connecting buses that are scheduled to connect with trains at Union Station. It would be a very nominal expense (like $5) over being ticketed to LA. But there has to be some minimal train travel involved, they won't write a ticket just for the bus.

eetonaee,

I am assuming the price is the same either way...Why take the extra leg back into the zoo that is the airport? I would have them just pick you up at the hotel...Likely they'll near fill one up at the terminals and pick you up on the way out...

wowzo,

Why on earth are you getting a transportation quote from "the Amtrak Station in LA" to the port? The LA "Amtrak Station" is Union Station, just north of Downtown...It is nowhere near LAX or any large number of tourist attractions, nor is it near the port...AND there is no reason any tourist, escpecially a cruise passenger, should be considering staying in a hotel anywhere near there...Please don't tell me you booked a hotel in Downtown...

It's unfortunate that Amtrak uses the LAX designation to indicate Union Station downtown. We native Angelenos know better, but those unfamiliar with LA won't know (unless they ask here, of course).

Hi- Thank all of you for picking up on a potential problem with my travel plan.

We are coming from San Diego on Thanksgiving Day to San Pedro, thru Union Station. I did see that I could be ticketed to San Pedro but wanted to see the cost another way. Being a holiday, I like to have all my options known. We are staying at the Doubletree in San Pedro.

Hope this is a good plan. MaryAnn

my reservation s on super shuttle would be $17 pp from LAX to

to San Pedro..another member took a cab to long beach and was

charge d $70 with the tip...then a meter d ride to san pedro the

next day for $60:eek:

IMO..it would be just as convient to have a shuttle pick you up at the

hotel and deliver you to the port..if you make an online reservation you ll

need to provide the correct pier number..

my reservation s on super shuttle would be $17 pp from LAX to

to San Pedro..another member took a cab to long beach and was

charge d $70 with the tip...then a meter d ride to san pedro the

next day for $60:eek:

IMO..it would be just as convient to have a shuttle pick you up at the

hotel and deliver you to the port..if you make an online reservation you ll

need to provide the correct pier number..

What pier does Princess sail from ?

Unless I'm not looking in the right place it appears that you can only book SuperShuttle online to or from an airport.

I will call them to make a reservation directly from my airport hotel to San Pedro.

It sounds like i can also prebook a shuttle to get me back to LAX from the ship but if I see one sitting there before my reservation time I can take that one instead.

I don't think you would need to know the exact pier number as about 99 per cent of the time all of the non-Carnival cruiseships sail from the World Cruise Center. There's only about three berths there for cruiseships. The shuttle or taxi driver will get off the freeway at the Harbor Blvd. offramp and go straight across Harbor Blvd. right into the WCC. Then the driver will drive past the guard booth toward the berths. You'll see all of the ships there. But there will be a sign that will list each ship and its berth number. So the driver will know at that point which berth to drive to.

Archived