Baby Monitor?

AlohaPride

We are cruising with NCL on the Pride of America. Because we are a family of 5 and all the suites were booked, we booked two cabins next to each other. There is NOT a connecting door. We were thinking about putting a baby monitor in our kids' room to monitor them. Our girls are older, so we trust them. We just want to know when they are awake in the morning. Any other ideas?

It should work, if it's only 1 wall away. Good idea...and don't worry about it...you'll be closer side by side than you are at home!!

Thanks! The search function on my cell's app wasn't working. I appreciate the helpful answer. :)

We are cruising with NCL on the Pride of America. Because we are a family of 5 and all the suites were booked, we booked two cabins next to each other. There is NOT a connecting door. We were thinking about putting a baby monitor in our kids' room to monitor them. Our girls are older, so we trust them. We just want to know when they are awake in the morning. Any other ideas?

I would suggest a normal small surveillance camera like this D-Link camera will do the trick, because you can repurpose it after the child has grown up.

The camera is HD, wireless, has good night vision, motion detection (though I don't think you're going to use it yet), it can send photos and messages to you phone or tablet, you can view live stream from a monitor or tablet (in 720p) and has a microSD slot if you want to record.

If after some time you may want to use it for something else know that this camera is also waterproof and temperature resistant.