Recommendation for Orient Beach location

topcop

Will be in St. Martin and want to spend the time in port at Orient Beach. Although we have been there before, it has always been with a cruise booked tour and I forgot where they dropped us off.

Can anyone recommend a good location to rent some chairs and umbrellas with drinks and food readily available? Also, if you know, the cost of the chair and umbrella rentals?

Will be in St. Martin and want to spend the time in port at Orient Beach. Although we have been there before, it has always been with a cruise booked tour and I forgot where they dropped us off.

Can anyone recommend a good location to rent some chairs and umbrellas with drinks and food readily available? Also, if you know, the cost of the chair and umbrella rentals?

Kakao is good. Very nice food, comfortable chairs - I think $25 for 2 chairs and umbrella. Also 2 bars with fair prices. I'm sure there are several other nice locations.

Palm Beach, at the far (northwestern) end of the beach is an attractive area - not crowded, good food and facilities, but probably more expensive than places on the more crowded other end. I believe the chairs are free if you order food.

Went there a few weeks ago. Yes, chairs and umbrellas are free with food. The food is a bit pricey, but not terrible. It's not crowded which is nice. The taxi may be a couple dollars more to get there than the other end but worth it if you're just looking for a quiet beach to lay back and relax.

Hubby and I have been to La Playa twice. Once when we stopped as part of Bernard's tour and last year on our own. Really like this one. 20.00 for two chairs and umbrella if I recall correctly. Included free wifi as well :)

Went there a few weeks ago. Yes, chairs and umbrellas are free with food. The food is a bit pricey, but not terrible. It's not crowded which is nice. The taxi may be a couple dollars more to get there than the other end but worth it if you're just looking for a quiet beach to lay back and relax.

Taxi fares are regulated and the whole of Orient Beach is in the same zone and therefore the same price.:)

Not when I was there in January. Palm Beach is at the far end so it was a couple dollars more.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Did they tell you this at the taxi stand at the port?

The Butterfly farm and Orient are both in zone 11 and on the taxi chart are the same fee which is dependent on the number of passengers.

Perhaps it's a new for 2016 thing or you had a taxi driver that ripped you off.

Edited by Karysa

• 3 weeks later...

We were there in January - we go there every year. When you get off of the ship, just follow the crowds. You will find an area with all the vans - nice ones, clean and new. Tell the dispatcher where you want to go and he/she will direct you to the appropriate van. It cost use $7pp each way. If you're a group, you might get it for a buck or two cheaper. Orient Beach has a number of places where you can rent a chaise and an umbrella and eat. Beware that there are a lot of annoying vendors on the beach. We ask to be dropped of at Club Orient. If they just drop you at Orient Beach, Club Orient is all the way to your right when facing the water. Club Orient is a private club - no vendors. $20 for 2 chaises and an umbrella. Topless is allowed on Orient Beach. Club Orient permits complete nudity if you want - totally up to you - we are naturists. There are a couple of restaurants on the property.