Mary Lou's tour in Hilo

Havin'fun

We just got back from the Star Princess and had our tour with Marylou's tour after reading all the good things written here in CC.

You will never experience a better tour. Marylou is wonderful .She asked us for our input but we left it up to her and she didn't disappoint.

We saw the black sand beach and I had never seen a mongoose and saw a whole family. We were very lucky to experience the turtles coming up onto the rocks to relax.

Since the Nat'l Park was closed we went and walked on the lava that had come down to the water. It was very strange and hard to believe all the destruction. We went into the caves too but not too far since I had no flashlight.

I highly recommend Marylou and if she is full her husband Ken does tours too.

Have found so many great tours from all the other cruisers tell us their experience.

• 1 month later...

We just sailed the Sapphire Princess to Hawaii & back last week.

We used MaryLou's tours on Hilo.

She is a wonderful and knowledgeable guide. There were 5 of us in her van. The charge was $75.oo per person and the tour lasted about 6 hours. We saw the volcano,,extensive tour and info from MaryLou. Also the orchid farm,Mac nut farm,coffee farm,rainbow falls,black sand beach,where we saw Mongoose and a turtle or two.also the museum at the volcano.

She brought white pineapple for each of us to try,showed us the green sand found on the big island.As mentioned before,she gets out at each stop and comments on that stop while walking with.

I highly recommend her for your tours.

Thanks to all of you that have posted about Mary Lou Tours. Marie and I are booked with them in September when we ake Radiance over to the islands. We had been to places like the Volcano Park and Rainbow Falls before so asked for ideas of different locations and they responded with these ideas. Sounds like fun.

Farmers market, Lava Tree Park, Kalapana Black sand beach,

Hot ponds, Big Island Candies, Kaumana Caves, Onomea Bay,

I must echo the positive sentiments about Mary Lou's Tour. My husband ended up getting sick the night before and so I went by myself. The tour guides are a husband and wife team that are very knowledgeable about the island. I used them for Hilo. We went to Volcanos National Park, saw how coffee was made, went to the nut and candy factories and enjoyed all the samples. We also got to see a black sand beach. The tour guides are very good at selecting a time to tour and see the sites so that you do not have to compete with all the other larger tour groups. I believe they gave a very personalized tour(only about 6-8 in each group) and would definitely use them again. Hopefully my husband can join us next time!

If any of the places visited haveentrance fees are they included in the price?

I believe our entrance fees were included in the price, as Ken had a "season's pass" to VNP. We did not go anywhere else that had an entrance fee. In any event, the fees for the parks, etc., are fairly low.

Maybe some of you would like to join us on her tours one or both of those days.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou (fishcreek),

It looks like my wife and I will be on the same cruise with you? POA...??

Now that the holidays are over we will start looking into excursions.

MaryLou's excursion seems to be highly recommended and is on our short list.

Did she give you a list of possible stops or sites?

I see on their website they are flexible and will tailor their tours as to what people would like to see most.

Thanks

Tom & Helen

Mary Lou (fishcreek),

It looks like my wife and I will be on the same cruise with you? POA...??

Now that the holidays are over we will start looking into excursions.

MaryLou's excursion seems to be highly recommended and is on our short list.

Did she give you a list of possible stops or sites?

I see on their website they are flexible and will tailor their tours as to what people would like to see most.

Thanks

Tom & Helen

Yes, she gave me an extensive list of the places we can see. Why don't you contact her, and maybe we'll be on the same tour/tours.

Mary Lou

• 3 months later...