Day Pass at Grand Anse Beach Resort

spkinva

• 9 months later...
Has anyone had a day pass to the Grand Anse Beach Resort? I hear it is $40. What does it include?

No idea what is included but just an update on info on the hotel as it has changed hands. It is now the Radisson Grand Beach Resort. Suggest you check to see it is still offering the day pass. :cool:

I emailed them this morning, and this was the response that I got.

$40 - Includes use of facilites (tennis court, free Wi-Fi, pools, etc)

$120 - Includes use of facilities and meals.

She didn't say it included liquor, but for an $80 uplift pp, I would think that it should.

I emailed them this morning, and this was the response that I got.

$40 - Includes use of facilites (tennis court, free Wi-Fi, pools, etc)

$120 - Includes use of facilities and meals.

She didn't say it included liquor, but for an $80 uplift pp, I would think that it should.

Even with drinks thats still alot of money but I'm sure its worth it to some people. I'm not sure I can really eat or drink that much to get my moneys worth.

Is there a way to get to hang at the beach without doing a day pass?

Is there a way to get to hang at the beach without doing a day pass?

oh my gosh yes! :cool: Personally as I have said frequently on this forum if you want a less hassled day at the beach either get a land taxi to Umbrellas Beach Bar (great food, reasonable prices) and hang there for the day. You can get deckchairs if you want them but most of us locals chill on the sand :) You could get a water taxi tot he same beach but this drops you on the busiest part of the beach with loads of vendors and deckchair guys and hassle. but there are more options for food I guess. My favourite is Umbrellas and it is a local hangout so it must be good :D

Your only issue lies if your arrival is on a Monday as most bars and restaurants are shut :eek:

I never understand the day pass thing myself as if you are on the beach you aren't in the hotel and you are paying for a lot of stuff you don't actually use. However if a pool is your thing then yes the hotel passes are needed.

oh my gosh yes! :cool: Personally as I have said frequently on this forum if you want a less hassled day at the beach either get a land taxi to Umbrellas Beach Bar (great food, reasonable prices) and hang there for the day. You can get deckchairs if you want them but most of us locals chill on the sand :) You could get a water taxi tot he same beach but this drops you on the busiest part of the beach with loads of vendors and deckchair guys and hassle. but there are more options for food I guess. My favourite is Umbrellas and it is a local hangout so it must be good :D

Your only issue lies if your arrival is on a Monday as most bars and restaurants are shut :eek:

I never understand the day pass thing myself as if you are on the beach you aren't in the hotel and you are paying for a lot of stuff you don't actually use. However if a pool is your thing then yes the hotel passes are needed.

We are in Grenada on a Tuesday so I guess we'll be good. Usually if I pay for a day pass its because I have to. I have a pool home so I want a beautiful beach with sand even though I do prefer a chair to lay on.

Thanks for the info. I will definately put Umbrellas on my list. If the locals go, it must be good and cheap ;)

Island Star, people are asking. How far is Grand Anse from the port via land taxi and then water taxi? If you were to take the water taxi, how far of a walk is it to get to Umbrellas?

Also, how does Umbrellas rate to Coconuts? Someone else mentioned Coconuts?

Thanks for the help :)

• 7 months later...

Island Star......We will be in Granada on Dec. 1st...which is ....unfortunately....a Monday. I find it hard to believe that all restaurants and bars would be closed with a ship in port! Is this still to be expected?

In another thread you mention the Coyaba Hotel? Would that be an option on a Monday? Could we get chairs and an umbrella there? And would the hotel have a restaurant for lunch? Just trying to get to a nice quiet part of the beach and away from vendors. Thanks for any help you might have.

We were at Umbrellas Beach Bar in April 2015 :mad: - I read good reviews and we are not very picky but found the following.......... No chairs to use on the beach (they do not have any) service to say poor is a understatement, they were not very busy and waited for ever to get waited on and then it took a hour or longer to get our food, the food was fair at best. I would never waste my time going here even if the food and drinks were free. The beach area here is not that nice so I have no idea why anyone would bother stopping here. We did find a beautful area about half way between here and where the water taxi drops people off. We took a cab from the ship to the beach and back. Loved the beach just will not go to Umbrellas again, please trust me.

• 1 month later...
We were at Umbrellas Beach Bar in April 2015 :mad: - I read good reviews and we are not very picky but found the following.......... No chairs to use on the beach (they do not have any) service to say poor is a understatement, they were not very busy and waited for ever to get waited on and then it took a hour or longer to get our food, the food was fair at best. I would never waste my time going here even if the food and drinks were free. The beach area here is not that nice so I have no idea why anyone would bother stopping here. We did find a beautful area about half way between here and where the water taxi drops people off. We took a cab from the ship to the beach and back. Loved the beach just will not go to Umbrellas again, please trust me.

Well that is disappointing...... I had just decided that we would be going there for the day, then I read this! Did the beach you went to have a name? Were there any services there (i.e. bathrooms, food, drinks)?

• 2 weeks later...

The beach was Grand Anse Beach just not umbrella's beach bar. We were maybe 1/2 down between umbrella's and where the water taxi drops people off at the beach. Yes there were clean bathrooms and places to get a drink, food, etc., we sat on our towels right on the sand. The beach is beautiful so by all means go. Maybe just take the water taxi and walk until you find a great place you are happy with.:)

Sorry everyone - just saw these posts - apologies for delays in replies.

I enjoy Umbrellas but yes I guess you are right in the true sense of the word it isn't on the beach it is 100yds back - My Bad! Normally I stay on the beach and order when ready to eat.

There used to be a guy that sold chairs and catered somewhat to the guests but was moved as wasn't just selling drinks (not food either if you get my drift) and police were frowning on him :rolleyes:

As per my recent post - Umbrellas and others used to shut on Mondays regardless of cruise ship activity but this changed about 2 months ago and they are open al the time.

Coconuts is right at the water taxi dock and is open and bang ont he beach but is slightly more expensive? The beach vendors sell food and a recent post by another guest mentioned Lazy Days which does food and drinks so there are a lot of options.

I will try to not be so partisan in future and try to think of all options :o