gay AND lesbian combo cruises?

AC87

My best friend and I are a Lesbian and gay man and would love to take a cruise together. However, all of the Charter cruises we see are either all male or all female. Are there any LGBTQ cruises that cater to the whole population?

We both have had great experiences on regular cruises and have never felt out of place, but now we want to try a gay only cruise. Prefer tropical destinations.

Thanks in advance!

RSVP cruises always have a number of women on board (there are even a few straight people - family or friends). The women have a great time. And there are many male/female friend combos that do RSVP. Do consider it; I know that you will have a great time.

(Disclaimer: I don't work for RSVP or get anything from them, just a fan and have been on 10 RSVP cruises)

Even Atlantis has women on board, so it is not true that gay charters are men only; Olivia cruises are women only, I believe.

Edited by Boytjie

RSVP doesn't get a lot of women, but enough so that there are some events specifically for the women. And there are always women participating in the games. Not to mention that the entertainers always include some lesbians, and they can be the best.

Take a look at Pied Piper. They don't charter the entire ship, but it's a significant percent of the ship (around 50% for the post-Thanksgiving cruise).

I have never cruised with a Pied Piper group but have friends that have. I would second this suggestion. The groups they have cruised with were definitely mixed. In fact my friends (men) have made life long friendships with two women they met on their first PP cruise (our friends now also).

However, I don't know that the typical PP cruise will make up anywhere near 50% of the ship. It certainly did not for the 3 cruises my friends took. I would say the average group size was under 100. I have a feeling the statistic quoted above may have been specific to that particular cruise due to when it sailed.

The PP post-Thanksgiving cruise is their largest one. Others will definitely be smaller, but still enough people to have a good time. The rates are very good and the extra entertainment and activities are fun. You can chose the PP entertainment and excursions, the regular ones, or mix and match.

Take a look at Pied Piper. They don't charter the entire ship, but it's a significant percent of the ship (around 50% for the post-Thanksgiving cruise).

Except for the post-Thanksgiving cruise, I don't think the numbers are remotely close to that. Still, I think PP might be a good option for the OP, as she and her friend would have a built-in gay group.

My spouse and I have done two PP cruises and had a fun time. I'll note that we were the only lesbians in the PP group each time. (Total of about three dozen people in each group.). This was not a problem, I just mention it so the OP doesn't expect many (or even other) women. The PP clientele is predominantly male.