Gay Fathers/Mothers with Children that like to cruise

dobytn

Hey all,

We are two gay dad aged 35 and 39 with a set of twin 10 yr old boys. Our family loves cruising and would like to meet other dads or moms that kids too. It seems very hard to find other couples or singles to hang with on board most straight cruises.

If you a gay dad or mom with kids we want to know you.

Sailing May 31 out of New York on Carnival Miracle.

Wish we were cruising this year but just booked Alaska for next July, 2011. We are 2 moms with a 9 year old daughter. We did the RFam Canada/NE cruise in 2008 and our daughter had a blast. We just couldn't do any of their dates this year. It is really hard to find other families like ours on a mainstream cruise. Obviously we don't cruise just to be with other gay families, we cruise b/c of the itinerary, but it would be so nice to be comfortable hanging out with new friends and not worrying that they don't "approve" of us! Are you going to Bermuda? We have talked about trying Bermuda out of NYC. Have a great cruise!

Wish we were cruising this year but just booked Alaska for next July, 2011. We are 2 moms with a 9 year old daughter. We did the RFam Canada/NE cruise in 2008 and our daughter had a blast. We just couldn't do any of their dates this year. It is really hard to find other families like ours on a mainstream cruise. Obviously we don't cruise just to be with other gay families, we cruise b/c of the itinerary, but it would be so nice to be comfortable hanging out with new friends and not worrying that they don't "approve" of us! Are you going to Bermuda? We have talked about trying Bermuda out of NYC. Have a great cruise!

We did the same cruise! My wife and I got married with about 10 other couples at the courthouse in St. John's. I agree Rfamily is a great option if you can afford it.

Hey Everyone - Gay single father here. 15yo daughter and 10yo son. We have been cruising every year with the kids mother. Always turns out to be a great trip. I would love to meet other gay men/women on the straight cruises. Nonetheless, a good time is still had by all. :-) I think next up will be the Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore next June.

We're two moms doing our first cruise with our son (who will be 19 months at the time) aboard the Enchantment from Baltimore on Dec 6, 2010. Would love to meet other gay families but I have a feeling it's going to be difficult.

Hi there,

Gay dads here... 41 and 35 with a 8 month old daughter. My hubby and I have done 9 cruises to date, the kid has done none.... :p so far. All three of us are booked on NORWEGIAN EPIC 8/21/20 and looking forward to it. We mainly (8) do mainstream cruises simply due to timing and itinerary. No need to do an all gay cruise. We like to be special :D

We live in Baltimore.

~Intrepid

Have any gay parents done a Disney cruise with their kids? My bosses at the gay travel agency I work for swear by Disney, but they don't have any kids. I'd like to know if the kids program is supportive or at least neutral with respect to gay parents.

Disney's moving over to the west coast now too, and will be doing Alaska out of Vancouver in 2011.

Edited by Buddy604

• 7 months later...

We're a mid-50's GWM couple, and we've done one cruise (Splendour of the Seas out of Galveston, TX to the Western Caribbean) in 2005. Had a great time.

We're booked on Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan in February 2012, and we're part of a group of about 25 family and friends who will be on the cruise.

Our kids will be 15, 14 and 9 at the time of the cruise.

Anybody have any good/bad experiences that they'd like to share about cruising as a gay family? Would love to hear them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are a late 40's lesbian couple taking our boys (ages 3 and 4) on the Carnival Dream March 5,2011 for their first cruise. Any pointers out their for cruising with little ones. Anyone else on our cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I will be cruising the Mediterranean in June 2012 with our daughter, she'll be 3 at the time. Anyone else? We like to plan in advance!

We've also cruised Adventure of the Seas in June 2007 (Southern Caribbean). It was fantastic! I wasn't aware of FOD. How do we find out about the meetings? I'm excited at the possibility of cruising with other fabulous couples. :D

Hi all,

We are an Irish female couple in our early and late, me, 30's. We have a 15 yr old son who came with us on our first cruise on Freedom of the seas last August. We are as they say in Ireland "yummy mommies" and don't necessarily look like we are together so it came as quite a shock to some of our fellow cruisers last year that we were together!

We all loved it though despite the odd uncomfortable moment and were hooked, although we felt a little bit isolated insofar as being a slightly different family that all the other ones!

We are non-scene and have been together for 6 years and are planning on getting married in the next two years, maybe even on our cruise this year!!

We are travelling without the teenager this year as he is off to surf school for himself but we would love to meet other families if any are travelling on Allure on 24th July sailing this year?

We didn't meet any other gay cruisers last year but we didn't know about this forum and are very open to meeting fellow cruisers, gay, straight, bi, parents, for a bit of craic.

Audrey & Mary-Louise

Have any gay parents done a Disney cruise with their kids? My bosses at the gay travel agency I work for swear by Disney, but they don't have any kids. I'd like to know if the kids program is supportive or at least neutral with respect to gay parents.

Disney's moving over to the west coast now too, and will be doing Alaska out of Vancouver in 2011.

I'm going to work on the Dream this month and will let you know what I see. But as they have always had Gay Days at their resorts, allow same-sex partners to travel with Officers, etc...I would think traveling on Disney as a gay family would be a great experience!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on the Spirit Oct 21 with 6 year.This will be her 4th cruise..We also do resorts throughout the year as we like having the extra time to explore an area that we like and cruises don't give one really enough time to do that. We are searching for a vacation home in the Virgin Islands so we could cut back on our cruising.But until than cruising will do in a pinch. Anyone else doing this cruise?

Our son just turned 21 and our daughter turned 14, both in the month of April. We are taking them both on their very first cruise this upcoming July which also happens to be our wedding cruise.

I'm not sure how much they'll like it as they both are always so miserable in the summer...both suffer from eczema, but I am hoping they love it just as much as we do.

This will be our 3rd cruise and we are hoping our finances work out well enough for the Disney Magic out of NYC next July! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there we are 2 moms with a 4 year old daughter and we cruise every year on Carnival (so far)! We are doing the Glory on Nov 6th with 2 other lesbian couples but no one else with children. Would love to meet other LGBT parents to cruise with as well! I am partially responsible for organizing monthly picnics in my town for LGBT parents! We also thought we were the only ones but we were wrong if we create a way to come together it makes things a lot easier!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have 3 children 5, 6, 11 and we are the only lesbian couple that have kids, all our other friends don't have kids. We have been married 10 years and love to cruise. We cruise every August. This year we are doing Carnival Miracle August 18 out of NEW YORK

My wife and I have 3 children 5, 6, 11 and we are the only lesbian couple that have kids, all our other friends don't have kids. We have been married 10 years and love to cruise. We cruise every August. This year we are doing Carnival Miracle August 18 out of NEW YORK

Great to see another NYC cruiser on this thread!

My soon to be wife and I are cruising on the Norwegian Jewel in 2 months and will be getting married on the ship before we set sail. We also have children, but only one is still young at age 14, our son just turned 21 in April. This will be our 3rd cruise (and our kids 1st) and we cruising out of NYC for the very first time. We are also booked on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore for the first week of July 2012.

What a great Thread.

I am 46 and my partner 52. We have a 22 y.o. son and a 21 y.o. daughter (from former marriages years ago). We have raised each other's children and we all love to cruise.

We've always shied away from the Atlantis-type cruises for obvious reasons and Celebrity has always been a wonderful line for us, regardless of the venue / itinerary. Family-oriented, not a boat-load of younger kids (although child friendly) and super gay-friendly. Hope you guys are able to meet many families to share exciting cruises with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

We are going on our first cruise ever and we are very excited!

We are a two dad family from San Francisco (51 and 54). We have a son (8) and a daughter (13).

- Bill

Hi everyone!

We are going on our first cruise ever and we are very excited!

We are a two dad family from San Francisco (51 and 54). We have a son (8) and a daughter (13).

- Bill

Great itinerary and it will be beautiful sailing out of SF in August! Have a wonderful cruise...I'm sure you'll get hooked. ;)