Is Atlantis & RSVP Done?

Cruisegoer

Nope, according to the Atlantis Alumni board Atlantis has cruises planned in 2016. So why aren't they listed in Atlantis website? In general advance booking start on board the ship for those currently sailing, next non-sailing past alumni get a exclusive email offer to book 2016 and then last to the general public on their website. Usually Atlantis post cruises 9 months out for the Jan 2016 sailing so I would assume around April of this year you would see it on their website. According to the Alumni website the next 2016 cruises are as follows:

Navigator Caribbean 1/23-1/31/16 fll, Labadee, grand cayman, roatan, Cozumel, fll

Celebrity Summit 3/12-3/19/16 San Juan, Barbados, at Lucia, Martinique, st Barths, San Juan.

Tahitian islands 4/4/16 details will be sent to alumni by email.

RSVP has not published next year's Caribbean cruise on it's website yet. The cruise mentioned is on and I an booked - booked it while on the Regal Princess. They might offer it to RSVP alumni that were not on this year's cruise before publishing it.

With the Regal Princess being the biggest RSVP cruise to date, I doubt they are done. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

You do have to wonder how much of a hit Atlantis took for the Asia cruise currently sailing. It sailed with 1,500 when the ship has a capacity for 2,100. :cool:

It's nice to see the dates all in one place for the other 2016 sailings. It's also nice to see Atlantis returning to NCL later this year. :)

I am on the Atlantis Navigator of the Seas in Jan 16 and there are rumors rhe company is chartering the Anthem of the Seas sailing out of Bayonne NJ in May 2016.

My understanding is that charters out of the New York area are not really feasible, especially in the colder months. The boys like warm weather and traveling two days to get to it doesnt really work.

What does NOLA have to do with it? Not too many gay charters that left from there recently.

Why do you think there hasn't been any gay charters from New York (other than RSVP on QM2 transatlantic in 2007)?

Never said there weren't any gay charters from NY. In addition to NOLA, I recall quite a few people commenting (including you) how cold a recent departure from Florida was.....right? Besides, after one day on the water, it's shirts off😊

Its much more expensive all the way around to sail out of NYC thank other ports....the cruise lines have induced smaller less expensive ports such as Baltimore & Boston to have more sailings. These cost run from port taxes to hotel & restaurant costs. People are more likely to sail on a ship w/ per diems of less than $100 a day. Also the mega lines & megs ships have made cuts so the bottom line is achieved that any increase is detrimental to P&L.

I am a life long NYer & I live in Manhattan & love it - it is spectacular .....and to sail out of the west side of Manhattan is like no other port....the buildings in Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty & sailing under the Verrazano Bridge is a life long memory that cannot be duplicated. The history & experience of staying in NYC is another bonus like no other...this all comes w/ a cost ...but certainly unlike sailing out of Ft Laud or Miami...or New Orleans.

Its funny but I've sailed in & out of NYC since the 1970's....years ago the ships were smaller(better quality also) and the first & last days at sea were always chilly - but we made do & had lots of fun...we did everything from 7 day Bahama & BErmuda cruises, 10-13 day carib & 14+ day Panama Canal and Transatlantic Crossings. Todays ships are larger & offer more options on those days....a day at sea sure beats having to fly to a port!

Maybe I stated it a bid bad:

The only gay charter leaving from New York I know of is the RSVP transatlantic on QM2.

There was a RSVP cruise scheduled to call on NOLA in February 2013 on Mardi Gras (I was all in for that!) but reaction to it was negative as it was considered to be not a hot weather destination - important for a lot of Northerners trying to escape frigid winter weather.

I don't think there are too many cruises based out of NOLA to make it a viable option.

When I asked about the possibility of a Fall New England/Canada charter out of New York I was told that (a) those cruises are very popular and would demand a high price for a charter and (b) not enough hot weather days (sunning, parties outside).

I think that's true about people wanting warm, sunny days on their cruises. But both Atlantis and RSVP have had many cruises to Alaska, which generally doesn't fit that bill. I've always wondered why the Alaska cruises are so popular with Atlantis and RSVP.

I searched the RCCL website last week or so and the Anthem came up listed as "Atlantis Charter" for a week in May. Usually the RCCL site doesn't list charters, but that might have been a system glitch for now. Seems to be true though, or at least Atlantis has a hold on the ship until it's finalized.

And the cruise would be out of NNJ (Bayonne) not NYC, so port fees/taxes are lower than if you leave from NYC say on an NCL cruise. I would love that cruise, could take the train to it easily from the NE or Mid-Atlantic. I took the Quantum of the Seas 8 day cruise this past December (out of Bayonne) to the Caribbean and yes the first and last 1.5 to 2 days were cold, but that was in December. In May it should be more than fine. A Quantum class ship would be awesome for an Atlantis cruise I must say!

I think that's true about people wanting warm, sunny days on their cruises. But both Atlantis and RSVP have had many cruises to Alaska, which generally doesn't fit that bill. I've always wondered why the Alaska cruises are so popular with Atlantis and RSVP.

The warm weather issue is related to winter cruises.

Alaska is something very different from a Caribbean cruise or a Med cruise. It is about the beautiful nature which includes glaciers hence ice hence maybe colder weather.

We were on a RSVP Alaskan cruise where the temperature was 39F in Glacier Bay but in the mid seventies in Sitka and Ketchikan. With those two being early afternoon departures we got enough sun to come back with a tan.

Back to the original question - Not likely

On the recent Asia cruise, Atlantis gave us a brochure for their 2016 cruises.

All look a lot less risky than the South China seas and this year's summer cruise in the Med is sold out

So Atlantis, at least, will still be around for a while

You do have to wonder how much of a hit Atlantis took for the Asia cruise currently sailing. It sailed with 1,500 when the ship has a capacity for 2,100. :cool:

It's nice to see the dates all in one place for the other 2016 sailings. It's also nice to see Atlantis returning to NCL later this year. :)

They'll probably make it up with the last two cruises of the year. The Halloween Cruise will sell out well in advance, which I believe is 2,400 capacity.