Sea Day Activities on a crossing ?

petlover

We will be on our first Azamara cruise in April (crossing from Miami to Athens).

We're well "cruised" and have enjoyed the crossings we've done on Regent. There were always lots of activities to choose from on sea days such as daily trivia, daily poker tournaments (one of our favorites), dancing classes, bingo, bridge..etc.

We're not big sun/pool people.

I'd love to hear about sea day activities from anyone who has done an Azamara crossing.

Thanks!!

I have done two WB TAs (both Journey and Quest), and events were somewhat different. No white night party on one, because no late night in port, but did have one on the other TA. There was a whole ship tug of war competition (on Journey but not Quest). Imagine the ladies of the onboard shops against the deck crew, wait staff against the officers!!!! It was fun and really cut throat.

On both there was a cumulative 11-day trivia tournament (as well as all the other 9AM and 4PM trivia events and other games-battle of the sexes). There was a daily guess the miles traveled competition (on Journey) and the daily winner got to blow the ships horn at noon (I was informed it was a button). For solo travelers, there were several hosted and non-hosted dinners both in the MDR and the speciality dining.

Also there are usually several enrichment lecturers. You could go out nightly to look at stars and falling stars, also there was daily art classes, choir practice, bridge games, photo competition, bridge, galley, and engine room tours, etc. etc. etc. Imagine camp for adults if you want to participate. Or you can sit on the deck and read. That's the attraction of a TA. Also the beauty of Azamara is if you want something they will work hard to make it happen.

Lisa

I have done two WB TAs (both Journey and Quest), and events were somewhat different. No white night party on one, because no late night in port, but did have one on the other TA. There was a whole ship tug of war competition (on Journey but not Quest). Imagine the ladies of the onboard shops against the deck crew, wait staff against the officers!!!! It was fun and really cut throat.

On both there was a cumulative 11-day trivia tournament (as well as all the other 9AM and 4PM trivia events and other games-battle of the sexes). There was a daily guess the miles traveled competition (on Journey) and the daily winner got to blow the ships horn at noon (I was informed it was a button). For solo travelers, there were several hosted and non-hosted dinners both in the MDR and the speciality dining.

Also there are usually several enrichment lecturers. You could go out nightly to look at stars and falling stars, also there was daily art classes, choir practice, bridge games, photo competition, bridge, galley, and engine room tours, etc. etc. etc. Imagine camp for adults if you want to participate. Or you can sit on the deck and read. That's the attraction of a TA. Also the beauty of Azamara is if you want something they will work hard to make it happen.

Lisa

Thank you Lisa.

Do you happen to remember if they had things like Texas Hold'em tournaments, black jack tournaments or bingo ?

Don't know if they still do it but on our last two Quest trans-Atlantics the hotel director (Ryszard both times) faced off against the cruise director (Russ on one and Tony on the other) in an Iron Chef competition. A riotous good time and, of course, Ryszard always wins!

Thank you Lisa.

Do you happen to remember if they had things like Texas Hold'em tournaments, black jack tournaments or bingo ?

I believe there are some card game. Again, if you request it...it will happen!

OH yes BINGO!!!

Edited by leo178