Coliseum tickets

ican82

This was the first day to order tickets on coopculture.it for underground tours at the Coliseum for May and June. I went on this morning right at 7 am (1 pm Rome time), but never got through, despite using 3 computers. I also tried phoning, but I was told that only large groups could order by phone, and that I should go back to trying online.

My wife tried for 4 hours to no avail. I tried again this afternoon after getting home, and finally got through, only to be told that tickets are completely sold out for the day that our ship is in town.

Are there any other options (agencies, other websites) to get tickets for this tour?

This was the first day to order tickets on coopculture.it for underground tours at the Coliseum for May and June. I went on this morning right at 7 am (1 pm Rome time), but never got through, despite using 3 computers. I also tried phoning, but I was told that only large groups could order by phone, and that I should go back to trying online.

My wife tried for 4 hours to no avail. I tried again this afternoon after getting home, and finally got through, only to be told that tickets are completely sold out for the day that our ship is in town.

Are there any other options (agencies, other websites) to get tickets for this tour?

Following. We want end of June...

It is working now and most dates are available. We booked for 5/17 with no problem after trying for seven plus hours on the internet. Their website sucks and cannot handle many transactions at one time.

Thank you to bvocruise and NewCruiserMPC. I went back on now and was able to book the tickets. However, initially it told me again that there were no tickets for June 24 and defaulted to June 25. I tried again using June 23, and it told me there were no tickets for that date, but defaulted to June 24, where there were plenty of tickets available for every tour.

So if you have trouble with the annoying coopculture.it website, keep trying.:)

Does anyone know if you can purchase the underground tour for the first Sunday of the month (free admission day)? If you can, do you know if you have to wait in the horrendous lines for access or if there is a separate line for those with underground tour tickets? Thank you.

You have to book those separate. No problem. You can buy those online too. If you already purchased the underground, just make a second transaction for the admission tickets for entrance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think I only have the underground booked. 11 euro each - English tour.

I'm sure hoping I did it right. When I went to pay, all the pages were then in Italian...had to muddle my way through.

Do I use the same site for booking admission tickets in general?

Yes. Same site. Just navigate to the main ticket page and you'll see the Coliseum Entrance tickets. The tickets include entrance to the forum and Palatine Hill as well which is nice. If you are planning to go there first before the Coliseum them chose the option to print from home. That way you can print each admission separate

Yes. Same site. Just navigate to the main ticket page and you'll see the Coliseum Entrance tickets. The tickets include entrance to the forum and Palatine Hill as well which is nice. If you are planning to go there first before the Coliseum them chose the option to print from home. That way you can print each admission separate

Thanks NewCruiserMPC....please if you can...more questions!

I see where I get the coliseum tickets online. Do I need a tour (or...do they even have) tours for the forum and Palatine Hill? Not seeing that anywhere. Also, do they have headphones that we can rent? Do we need headphones if they do have them...or is that overkill?

I too am curious as when I looked at website, I would like the headphones but no where to purchase. If I get entrance tickets on line when I go to pick up tickets after security can I get headsets then or do I need to call the phone number on website to reserve them? Thanks in advance!

I'm glad I booked the tickets for 5/17 yesterday as there is only 1 ticket left for two different tour times.

The website is not user friendly at all. It also took a bit to figure out how to at the general admission tickets to the cart with the tour.

I'm glad I booked the tickets for 5/17 yesterday as there is only 1 ticket left for two different tour times.

The website is not user friendly at all. It also took a bit to figure out how to at the general admission tickets to the cart with the tour.

Which is something I couldn't figure out how to do. I have the underground tour booked which, I guess, is the important thing. For the three days we are in Rome, there was only one slot that could accomodate the 4 of us. Got in under the wire.

Now have to do general admission. But...I'd still like to know if there are headphones available for the Forum and Palatine Hill piece. Ugh.

Which is something I couldn't figure out how to do. I have the underground tour booked which, I guess, is the important thing. For the three days we are in Rome, there was only one slot that could accomodate the 4 of us. Got in under the wire.

Now have to do general admission. But...I'd still like to know if there are headphones available for the Forum and Palatine Hill piece. Ugh.

I think my Rick Steve's guidebook mentions they do rent them there for something like 5 or 6 Euros. You could also download your own free audio tours from Rick Steves or another website. There are a lot of free audio tours out there.

We don't really need to know what we are looking at but just want to get some good pictures. I'm sure we will read up a bit before we go in though to have a general understanding of things.

I think my Rick Steve's guidebook mentions they do rent them there for something like 5 or 6 Euros. You could also download your own free audio tours from Rick Steves or another website. There are a lot of free audio tours out there.

We don't really need to know what we are looking at but just want to get some good pictures. I'm sure we will read up a bit before we go in though to have a general understanding of things.

Great idea, thanks. Forgot all about that.

I just read through the first three pages of replies to the trip advisor discussion about booking tickets, and I've checked Coopculture's extraordinarily unorganized and confusing website, but I'm not finding the phone number used to call for the underground reservation if you plan to buy a Roma Pass to use for general admission.

Anyone have that handy?

I just read through the first three pages of replies to the trip advisor discussion about booking tickets, and I've checked Coopculture's extraordinarily unorganized and confusing website, but I'm not finding the phone number used to call for the underground reservation if you plan to buy a Roma Pass to use for general admission.

Anyone have that handy?

The number is the same one on the website, 011390639967700. If and when you get through, you just tell the operator that you already have tickets for entry and that you wanted to add on the underground tour.

Anyone have that handy?

You can't book underground directly online? From my understanding this is a separate additional charge. With Roma do you get some sort of discount?

You can't book underground directly online? From my understanding this is a separate additional charge. With Roma do you get some sort of discount?

This is the post I was referring to from Trip Advisor. We are staying in Rome for three days and are considering the Roma Pass for use on public transportation and entrance into several museums. If we don't get the Roma Pass, then I will just book directly through the website.

Pasted from the TA advisor post I was using as a reference:

***How do I book the tour if I'm using the romapass for free entry?**

You need to call to make a reservation for the underground tour when using the romapass. Just let the operator know that you already have entry tickets and would just like to add on the tour. They will only charge you for the tour. The romapass does not include any tours, it's an entry pass. If using the romapass for entry you also get to visit the forum and palatine hill and have it count as the same entry since they are a combo site. Those under 18 don't need a romapass. See paragraph above for more information.

***Does the romapass or entry tickets that I buy online allow me to bypass the lines?**

Yes, both allow you to bypass the ticket lines that can be very long. Just approach the lines and the attendant will show you which aisle to use. You must still check in for the tour so be sure to show the attendant your tour voucher.

The number is the same one on the website, 011390639967700. If and when you get through, you just tell the operator that you already have tickets for entry and that you wanted to add on the underground tour.

Thank you kindly. I was a bit overwhelmed reading a bunch of posts and the COOPCulture website yesterday. Appreciate you taking the time!