Kid-Friendly Specialty Restaurants on Allure

Hi All,

For those of you with little ones - are there any of the specialty restaurants on Allure that you would recommend for the first night that our little boys (3 and 1) would be welcome in?

They are both well behaved for their age and are quite used to going out to eat as we do it at least weekly, but we also are very cognizant of the fact that there are people who don't enjoy children being in the venues that they pay extra for and we don't really want to start our vacation off by making other people unhappy.

That being said, since this is a trip to celebrate our anniversary our intention is to spend the days as a family, feed the boys at the Windjammer, then utilize the nursery and kids club for an hour or two most evenings so we can enjoy "date nights" at some of the specialty restaurants on our own such as 150 and Chefs Table. However, since the kids club isn't open the first night we need to either find a specialty restaurant that would welcome us as a whole or we are looking at doing the MDR for just that one night, which doesn't really seem fair to the servers.

I looked at Rita's Fiesta, but it seems like it might be geared more toward the partying crowd than families. And we are currently scheduled to do Giovannis for lunch that day (although we could change that). Is our only other choice the Windjammer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

They are all kid-friendly to a degree. We went to Samba Grill on our 1st night and had a couple toddlers with us. It was a good atmosphere for a family of 10 and there is plenty of space close by to walk around and give them breaks. We've also taken them to Chops and Giovanni's Table. They were fine too but Samba felt a bit more open, fun and comfortable for them. Plus, a samba dancer will come by and entertain for a bit which they enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by The Grumpus

Rita's would be fine for the little ones. It's very casual and you don't need a reservation. (Unless it is their party night.). Johnny Rockets is right across the ways. Both are good.

Why would you feel it's not fair for the waiters in the MDR, to serve you, when you will be someplace else, and have those waiters serve you? Your seat in the MDR will be open all 7 days for you to use when you want.

Hi All,

I looked at Rita's Fiesta, but it seems like it might be geared more toward the partying crowd than families. And we are currently scheduled to do Giovannis for lunch that day (although we could change that). Is our only other choice the Windjammer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

When I was on the Allure the Fiesta did not occur every evening. Check the times of the Fiesta as the early evening ones are more family friendly. The later the fiesta is scheduled the less family friendly it is.. You can also go before the fiesta begins and just order ala'carte.

Dinner in the Solarium Bistro is another family friendly option.

If you like Japanese food Izumi is also another option.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Rita's food is not comparable to MDR. Even for free I'd still choose MDR. There's a reason Rita's is going to be replaced (it isn't good). Royal is learning that people will pay upcharge for good food, not junk food.

MDR on Royal is pretty good. You are doing yourself a disservice, in my opinion, by completely writing it off to go for specialty only.

Bob,

Yeah, we thought about JR but since we can get that on land anyway we were trying to figure out something specific to the cruise if that makes any sense.

And we are certainly open to switching our Giovannis to dinner instead if that is the best option, but then need to figure out what to do for lunch on embarkation day since we were trying to avoid the giant lines by having a reservation someplace.

They are all kid-friendly to a degree. We went to Samba Grill on our 1st night and had a couple toddlers with us. It was a good atmosphere for a family of 10 and there is plenty of space close by to walk around and give them breaks. We've also taken them to Chops and Giovanni's Table. They were fine too but Samba felt a bit more open, fun and comfortable for them. Plus, a samba dancer will come by and entertain for a bit which they enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred,

Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't thought about Samba.. I just assumed it was more of an "adult" place but I've never seen it as this will be our first time on Allure. :)

Bob,

Yeah, we thought about JR but since we can get that on land anyway we were trying to figure out something specific to the cruise if that makes any sense.

And we are certainly open to switching our Giovannis to dinner instead if that is the best option, but then need to figure out what to do for lunch on embarkation day since we were trying to avoid the giant lines by having a reservation someplace.

The Solarium Cafe is usually much less crowded for lunch on embarkation day. There's also Park Cafe, but you would have to be there early on embarkation day.

Edited by clarea

Rita's food is not comparable to MDR. Even for free I'd still choose MDR. There's a reason Rita's is going to be replaced (it isn't good). Royal is learning that people will pay upcharge for good food, not junk food.

MDR on Royal is pretty good. You are doing yourself a disservice, in my opinion, by completely writing it off to go for specialty only.

It isn't that we are necessarily writing off the MDR at all. :) We are just going on Allure again in February with a group, so will be eating in the MDR every night on that cruise because the crowd we will be with won't do specialty venues at all. So we figured if we were going to ever try the specialty places now was our best shot. But if the MDR ends up being our best choice for this issue we will definitely go. I just feel guilty for some reason putting the servers through all that for just one night. They try so hard to remember all of your preferences and do everything so perfectly I just wouldn't want them to misinterpret our absence later as a reflection of the service or anything. Probably my own dorkiness.... I know... I'm just trying to make sure we don't hurt anyone's feelings or anything.

The Solarium Cafe is usually much less crowded for lunch on embarkation day. There's also Park Cafe, but you would have to be there early on embarkation day.

Do they allow kids in the Solarium Cafe? I thought it was for adults only because its part of the Solarium.

Do they allow kids in the Solarium Cafe? I thought it was for adults only because its part of the Solarium.

Kids are allowed in the Solarium Cafe. That is separated from the pool area.

Kids are allowed in the Solarium Cafe. That is separated from the pool area.
If I'm not mistaken, the Solarium Cafe is on Oasis and Samba Grill is on Allure. So no Solarium Cafe on Allure.

Although the Samba Grill in located in the Solarium, it is not an adults only venue, children may eat there too. It's a fun place to eat and very laid back IMO. I think they would enjoy it.

If I'm not mistaken, the Solarium Cafe is on Oasis and Samba Grill is on Allure. So no Solarium Cafe on Allure.

Although the Samba Grill in located in the Solarium, it is not an adults only venue, children may eat there too. It's a fun place to eat and very laid back IMO. I think they would enjoy it.

On Allure it is the Solarium Cafe during the day and Samba at night. Both open to all ages.

The Solarium Cafe is a buffet restaurant available for breakfast and lunch on both Oasis and Allure.

In the evening, that venue changes to the Solarium Bistro on Oasis and Samba Grill on Allure.

We are taking our 9 and 10 yo to Central Park 150 on night one, and then Giovanni's and Samba grill on other nights. My wife and I's "alone" dinners will be the Chef's Table and Chop's Grille. We have taken our kids into the specialty restaurants on Celebrity's ships and never had a problem. This is a family oriented cruise line. You should be able to take your kids wherever you please, unless the venue is exclusively Adults only. Of course, use your judgment based on the temperament of your offspring ;-)