Summer Ball - 28 June

I am looking forward to sailing on the Boudicca on 28th June from Avonmouth for the 1 night Summer ball with a friend.

Wondering if anyone else is doing this mini cruise? It will be our first time on Fred; thought we would give it a go to see what they are like; very much looking forward to it!

Edited by Julessmiles

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Julessmiles. We are Alan and Chris from Bristol and will be with you to Liverpool.

Hello Alan & Chris

I will be sailing with a friend; Toni - we have both cruised before but not tried Fred. We are having a girl's cruise & leaving our husbands at home!!! Do you know if we need to take European adapters?

Hello Alan & Chris

I will be sailing with a friend; Toni - we have both cruised before but not tried Fred. We are having a girl's cruise & leaving our husbands at home!!! Do you know if we need to take European adapters?

Sorry but also our first time with Fred so no idea - but probably a good idea, just in case.

Well, this was my first experience of Fred Olsen & it certainly won't be our last.

We had such a good time from start to end. Food was superb, entertainment was excellent, staff were so lovely & friendly, all the passengers we met onboard were great - loved the smaller, intimate ship feel; loved all the lounges & bars & public areas, cabins were good. Really cannot fault it.

Feel completely 'partied out now' - my friend & I had such a good time. Good move Fred - I have already recommended you to a lot of my cruising friends who have never cruised with you before; we have already booked for next year but may have to squeeze another one in before then!

Well, this was my first experience of Fred Olsen & it certainly won't be our last.

We had such a good time from start to end. Food was superb, entertainment was excellent, staff were so lovely & friendly, all the passengers we met onboard were great - loved the smaller, intimate ship feel; loved all the lounges & bars & public areas, cabins were good. Really cannot fault it.

Feel completely 'partied out now' - my friend & I had such a good time. Good move Fred - I have already recommended you to a lot of my cruising friends who have never cruised with you before; we have already booked for next year but may have to squeeze another one in before then!

Hi, I'm pleased to hear you had such a good trip.

I've sailed with Fred many times and had some really great holidays. My favourite ship is Balmoral, but I've sailed on all ships in the fleet and they all have something different to offer.

My three girlfriends and I are planning the short break in November on Braemar. May see you on board.

We also got back from the Summer Ball mini-cruise yesterday. The Eavesway coach to Bristol from L'pool was far better than we expected, so that was a good start to the weekend. It was a little disappointing that we weren't allowed to board until 2.15, as our coach got us there very early and we had a very long wait. Also, wouldn't you have thought the ship would have wanted a bit more bar revenue? The food was great, as were the onboard staff. We also met some lovely people on the ship. We loved the show with the comedian, Lee Carroll, and Beatlemania, but we'd have liked a longer set from the group. The sail into Liverpool and past New Brighton was, for us as "locals", amazing. Yesterday's weather couldn't have been better for it. The only thing we weren't impressed with was out cabin. We'd upgraded to a balcony one because, if we do make a booking for a full cruise, it will be in a balcony cabin so we wanted to compare one to what we've had on other ships. Although the bathroom was OK, the cabin layout was weird in the there were twin beds "offset" against each other and no bedside tables. So, very little surface areas to put "stuff". The decor was a bit tired too. The full cruises aren't cheap, so we're not sure what to make of it really. Where the ship missed a sales trick was not having a range of cabin types open for viewing. A higher grade of balcony cabin may have tempted us. We'll see. I'm looking at the L'pool to Dublin mini-cruises. After all, from disembarking to arriving home only took 30 mins. Beats Southampton hands-down!