Thinking of a Thomson Cruise for a change...

We've done a few cruises with P&O in the Caribbean, Meditteranean, Norway and Canary's, but are thining of doing one of Thomson's Caribbean cruises next January. Although certain statements are made on thThomsons website I just wanted to get an idea of some of the differences. I have a few short questions and would be interested in some views/answers.

1. It states some drinks are all inclusive, I like a Scotch and my Wife likes a G&T. Would these be included? Also do they allow you take a bottle of Gin & Scotch on board?

2. Do you get room service, nothing flash, just maybe a pot of tea and fruit/cereal?

3. On P&O I use WiFi on my Netbook, two weeks cost £130 last winter, what does Thomson offer?

4. Do they have Black Tie nights and does this mean tucks etc?

5. Are your cases taken straight to the cabins, so the last time you see them was check in at the airport?

6. How does the entertainment compare with P&O?

The main reason for looking at Thomson Cruises is they seem to have some new locations they go to, which is what we like.

Many thanks

Keith (Southend):)

We've done a few cruises with P&O in the Caribbean, Meditteranean, Norway and Canary's, but are thining of doing one of Thomson's Caribbean cruises next January. Although certain statements are made on thThomsons website I just wanted to get an idea of some of the differences. I have a few short questions and would be interested in some views/answers.

1. It states some drinks are all inclusive, I like a Scotch and my Wife likes a G&T. Would these be included? Also do they allow you take a bottle of Gin & Scotch on board?

2. Do you get room service, nothing flash, just maybe a pot of tea and fruit/cereal?

3. On P&O I use WiFi on my Netbook, two weeks cost £130 last winter, what does Thomson offer?

4. Do they have Black Tie nights and does this mean tucks etc?

5. Are your cases taken straight to the cabins, so the last time you see them was check in at the airport?

6. How does the entertainment compare with P&O?

The main reason for looking at Thomson Cruises is they seem to have some new locations they go to, which is what we like.

Many thanks

Keith (Southend):)

1. yes and yes

2. Don't think so, but kettles in cabin

3. Sorry don't know

4. Depends on which ship, discovery 1&2 do dress to impress others do formal night. You can wear want you want, some in tux, some in jeans and everything in between 1 per week

5. Yes in the Caribbean

6. Better entertainment team who do 6 shows a week then only have 1 night where entertainment is brought in

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe try shutting down and clearing cookies, or you could ring them tomorrow. Top cash back have up to 4.5% cash back at the moment

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not impressed, simply can't book. I also set up an account, thinking that may make a difference. What number do I call? I have made a note of the cost the website has quoted...I use computers all the time.

Not happy.

Keith (Southend)

Just tried a dummy booking and its working OK not much help but try your local TA good luck[emoji57]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

A lot of people swear by Thomson.

The 2 new ships from RC (Discovery 1 and 2 i think they are rebranded as) have excellent balcony cabins and add a massive dimension to Thomson whose ships were old and i understand had none or very few balcony cabins.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I never thought I would stray from P&O, I went on Thomson Dream last Christmas, ship was a bit old and frayed. No Wow factors. Pool was sea water, and you had to pay to use the Safe. When I got on the ship I wanted to head back to the airport and go home !!!

By the end of the holiday I had totally changed and will always book with Thomson (Maybe not the Dream). Staff and people are just brilliant. The All Inclusive is excellent (bill on P&O was around £800.00 and Thomson £0.0). I'm booked on Discovery for this coming Christmas. only around 170 days. :-)