Fremantle

Marcopoloo

The train is almost alongside where you dock.

Just cross over the bridge and walk a short distance to the station.

Trains run very frequently, and will take you into the centre of Perth.

Another idea would be to check out the ferry and take the cruise one way ,on the Swan River.

How to get from Fremantle Port to Perth City center then back to Fremantle, any suggestions.

Check out this web site:

http://www.fremantletrams.com/tripletour.html

I had it booked for our Diamond Princess cruise this Feb, but had to cancel the cruise for family member health reasons.

What you do is start with the Freemantle tram tour (first one) then they take you by boat on the Swan river to Perth where you do a HOHO bus tour (cannot do much getting off though, due to time) and then take a short and cheap train back to Freemantle. See for train times:

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/

Very economical and you'll cover a lot of ground - I wish I didn't have to cancel.

I hope this helps. If you have questions - post here.

the train station is alongside the dock you can get an all day ticket from the ticket machine it is less then a 30 minute trip,

you can get to the perth museum and art gallery if interested from the perth train station go up the escalator and turn left for museum and art gallery and right for the city centre. there are free CAT (central area transport) buses that do prescribed routes according to colour, there is a red CAT stop on wellington street outside the train station on street level (there are stairs and a lift to go to street level otherwise follow the walkway past myers and into one of the arcades that will take you to hay street mall, the central shopping mall) if you are fit enough perth is easy to walk around as it is quite compact. swan river and kings park are easily reached on foot

enjoy my city

jackiedanny

• 4 years later...