Taking photos of shows allowed?

wtang

If you want to watch paranoia in action try taking a personal photo of the small lifebuoy the photographers use at the gangway going ashore. The lifebuoy has a picture of the port as its centrepiece

Before the production shows they announce that you are encouraged to take photos and videos and even post them on line. They do say no flash because it endangers the performers.

Here's my take. Taking photos often means that your photo device may display a bright light to those around and beside you. For example, a woman who sat beside me in a recent cruise actually had her Apple I-Pad and was videoing the entire show. That glared in my eyes in the dark and actually hurt. She showed no intention of stopping, so after fifteen minutes I finally asked her please to point the I-Pad away from me. She was really surprised her activity was bothering anyone else.

What I couldn't understand is why she didn't just watch the show. Instead she was spending the whole time trying to get the show on her I-Pad. The real show just has to be so much better than what she would have recorded on her I-Pad.

Those who want to photograph or video should be aware if they are bothering folks around them with their bright lights reflecting behind and beside them.

Here's my take. Taking photos often means that your photo device may display a bright light to those around and beside you.

Thanks for the advice and reminder. Photography is a hobby of mine so I've learned to be mindful of how it affects my subjects as well as the people around me. I was at the ballet once and someone was on their phone texting the entire time. The bright light of their screen was really distracting in the darkness of the concert hall. I have a camera with a viewfinder that I hold up to my eye, so there's no stray light to annoy nearby passengers (I disable the rear LCD screen).

Some cruise photos here, among other things, if anyone is interested.

http://www.pbase.com/wtang

If you want to watch paranoia in action try taking a personal photo of the small lifebuoy the photographers use at the gangway going ashore. The lifebuoy has a picture of the port as its centrepiece

Just curious, what does your reply have to do with the OP's question?