In San Juan 3pm-11pm - any reccomendations?

Henry325

Hi all. We will be in San Juan on Monday Feb 22 off of Celebrity Cruise. We are there from 3pm-11pm. Most of the excursions I see are during the day. Any recommendations for any excursions or anything to do during the time we are there? There are 4 of us (2 couples) in our 30's. Thanks in advance :)

This is a very easy DIY port. Here's a possibility:

Get off ship and take the "Happy Bus" which just gathers passengers at the pier. $20 each for 70-90 minutes, visiting New San Juan and the Capitol. It drops you in the old Old San Juan shopping area, right at the base of San Cristobal. (OR, at the pier there are also a lot of Taxi Touristas offering about the same thing, advertising $36 per hour for the vehicle. Be sure you get an English speaking driver.)

Once you're dropped off, spend around an hour to visit San Cristobal, which is actually a US National Park. $5 entry fee. Very nice and interesting to walk around at your own pace. If you want, you can walk to the other fort as well, included in your entry fee.

Wander through Old San Juan, which is really just a little shopping and bar area. It is literally a 5 minute walk back to the ship.

Try to be on the starboard side for sailaway out of SJ. :)

Edited by jarand

I was thinking of a tour of Old San Juan but this thread makes me think it's really not far from the ship and something we can walk to or take a taxi to. This is our first cruise to San Juan and would really like to do something other than a beach, snorkel or boat tour.

Please, anyone with specific info please give me some ideas of how we can make the most of our day in port. We are there til 11pm

I was thinking of a tour of Old San Juan but this thread makes me think it's really not far from the ship and something we can walk to or take a taxi to. This is our first cruise to San Juan and would really like to do something other than a beach, snorkel or boat tour.

Please, anyone with specific info please give me some ideas of how we can make the most of our day in port. We are there til 11pm

Old San Juan will be at the base of the dock,easy to walk.

J.

We did one of the food/walking tours on one of our visits to San Juan. We really enjoyed it! Ours was in the morning, but you might be able to find one in your time frame.

Just walking around old San Juan and visiting the forts is also fun.

There is a nice walk along the edge of the water which ends below the el Morro Fort. The name escapes me at the moment though.

We did one of the food/walking tours on one of our visits to San Juan. We really enjoyed it! Ours was in the morning, but you might be able to find one in your time frame.

Just walking around old San Juan and visiting the forts is also fun.

There is a nice walk along the edge of the water which ends below the el Morro Fort. The name escapes me at the moment though.

Next to the fort is a beautiful cemetary on the ocean,with marble statues, because of the island there is no burial below ground, lots of marble crypt's. Sounds spooky but it is well worth seeing.

J.

I can highly recommend Spoon Food Tours Sip and Savor tour. We did this last year during our Silhouette stop in San Juan. It starts at 5:30 and you wander through OSJ and stop at 4 different places for drinks and food. You get a lot of history as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Next to the fort is a beautiful cemetary on the ocean,with marble statues, because of the island there is no burial below ground, lots of marble crypt's. Sounds spooky but it is well worth seeing.

J.

Someone posted pictures of the cemetery. Very beautiful and makes me want to visit. When we were there, we booked a Segway tour. The office is right near the pier. It went to the forts, etc. Easy and fun way to spend a couple hours. Segway Tours of PR on the internet.

Someone posted pictures of the cemetery. Very beautiful and makes me want to visit. When we were there, we booked a Segway tour. The office is right near the pier. It went to the forts, etc. Easy and fun way to spend a couple hours. Segway Tours of PR on the internet.

Thank you. We did contact Segway Tours of PR but they said we had to book through the cruise for the time the cruise docks. :mad::cool::confused:

I can highly recommend Spoon Food Tours Sip and Savor tour. We did this last year during our Silhouette stop in San Juan. It starts at 5:30 and you wander through OSJ and stop at 4 different places for drinks and food. You get a lot of history as well.

What time did this tour end? I think this would be a good option for our stop in San Juan but I'm concerned about getting back in time for a 9pm departure.

Hi all. We will be in San Juan on Monday Feb 22 off of Celebrity Cruise. We are there from 3pm-11pm. Most of the excursions I see are during the day. Any recommendations for any excursions or anything to do during the time we are there? There are 4 of us (2 couples) in our 30's. Thanks in advance :)

Dinner at Marmalade. Go for the 6 Course wine pairing menu. Enjoy :)

This is a very easy DIY port. Here's a possibility:

Get off ship and take the "Happy Bus" which just gathers passengers at the pier. $20 each for 70-90 minutes, visiting New San Juan and the Capitol. It drops you in the old Old San Juan shopping area, right at the base of San Cristobal. (OR, at the pier there are also a lot of Taxi Touristas offering about the same thing, advertising $36 per hour for the vehicle. Be sure you get an English speaking driver.)

Once you're dropped off, spend around an hour to visit San Cristobal, which is actually a US National Park. $5 entry fee. Very nice and interesting to walk around at your own pace. If you want, you can walk to the other fort as well, included in your entry fee.

Wander through Old San Juan, which is really just a little shopping and bar area. It is literally a 5 minute walk back to the ship.

Try to be on the starboard side for sailaway out of SJ. :)

If they arrive at 3pm at do this they won't have much time for on fort, let alone two. The forts close at 6pm and you need between 1 and 1.5hrs to tour them at a leisurely pace. I'd walk up to San Cristobal (closest to port), make your way to El Morro (time permitting) and walk downhill through the city. $5p/p gets you in to both forts ($3 if visiting just one).