Clothing

GailnBrad

Why wouldn't it be? Wear what you want, you only need to dress appropriately for the weather. Strange question.

In the US it is stated by the fashion police that one does not wear white before Memorial Day (end of May) and not after Labor Day (start of Sept.) hence the question. I think this thought had gone the way of the Model T,but I think some women still cling to the "rule".This is not putting the OP down,but explaining it to a Brit...:D:D:D:D

Ah but as a fellow Tucsonan you know we regularly flaunt that rule. I would be more concerned about making sure you are mindful of dressing conservatively if you plan on visiting a mosque. Back to the white -- I wore white denim jeans in Greece and Turkey in April of this year as I often have in past years while visiting in September (post Labor Day).

Cberge

Well, I have never heard of that. Surely you just wear whatever suits the weather and as far as your clothes go, just whatever co ordinates best with the rest of your wardrobe.

Weather should be nice at that time in that part of the world, so would definately pack some black and some white linen trousers.

At the end of the day nobody could care less what you are wearing, but I have seen some appalling clothes choices at holiday resorts particularly on those not so svelte and young as they once were.

In European summers I prefer to wear skirts as they are cooler than trousers.

Cberge

Well, I have never heard of that. Surely you just wear whatever suits the weather and as far as your clothes go, just whatever co ordinates best with the rest of your wardrobe.

Weather should be nice at that time in that part of the world, so would definately pack some black and some white linen trousers.

At the end of the day nobody could care less what you are wearing, but I have seen some appalling clothes choices at holiday resorts particularly on those not so svelte and young as they once were.

In European summers I prefer to wear skirts as they are cooler than trousers.

Some people have to travel and live by the rules of what fashion dictates..me not so much. I have traveled a lot over the years and learned to dress nicely in clothes that fit as my body changed over the years,and above all be comfortable.Never a problem. BTW, we do wear white her in AZ a lot more than other pla:D:cool::cool::Dces!!!!

Ah but as a fellow Tucsonan you know we regularly flaunt that rule. I would be more concerned about making sure you are mindful of dressing conservatively if you plan on visiting a mosque. Back to the white -- I wore white denim jeans in Greece and Turkey in April of this year as I often have in past years while visiting in September (post Labor Day).

I actually put shoes on the other day.:D

Thank you all. Yes...I was asking in terms of the May-Sept. 'rule' here in the US. That simple. Thank you

Just so you know...everywhere else,but here in the US...NOBODY CARES. Even now there is winter white and strappy shoes..just go and enjoy:D:D:D

Correct. Nobody cares. Now I know why Americans ask this question on TA forums which Europeans think is a strange question.

A fashion that I do think is strange is young women wearing boots with summer dresses, but these days you wear what you want, not what you think is expected(which of course, it isn't).

Correct. Nobody cares. Now I know why Americans ask this question on TA forums which Europeans think is a strange question.

A fashion that I do think is strange is young women wearing boots with summer dresses, but these days you wear what you want, not what you think is expected(which of course, it isn't).

I had to reply to this...wearing boots with a summer dress is one thing,BUT wearing UGGs or knockoffs with shorts and a halter top here in Tucson,AZ( in the summer) is another,but some say it is a comfortable combo in the summer,and they don't get to wear the boots to often.And, then I say go for it!!:D

Cberge

If you live in Arizona why on earth would you even buy Ugg boots? I think they are horrible and wouldn't buy them anyway, but certainly not in a hot climate.

I lived for many years in the Canary Islands which have a year round sub tropical climate. I never had any winter clothes there, so always had to dig out a Burberry coat that I had in England, year after year.

Cberge

If you live in Arizona why on earth would you even buy Ugg boots? I think they are horrible and wouldn't buy them anyway, but certainly not in a hot climate.

I lived for many years in the Canary Islands which have a year round sub tropical climate. I never had any winter clothes there, so always had to dig out a Burberry coat that I had in England, year after year.

I do not have UGG boots..I am over the hill (old person)..as a matter of fact I do not own winter boots although I did when I lived in Maryland..BUT the young love UGG boots and so they wear them out here whenever they feel like it I guess. We are having a bit of winter here in Tucson (Northern AZ gets a lot of snow..we don't as a rule) so I got out my jacket that has a lining in case I need it.:D I id wear shoes three times this week other than that I am a sandal's kinda girl if I can get away with it.

It’s unlikely that the high-boots-with-summer-dresses fashion is really relevant to cruisers. When you are travelling, you wear what you can pack :)

I don't know how many cruises you have been on or what ships,but "you wear what you can pack" is true..it is just how many suitcases you bring,and I have seen people with 2 or 3 PER PERSON over the years.One lady on the board just last year took a suitcase just for her shoes.And, the high boots,summer dress was a heads up to the person from London who had not a clue what we call the American dress code,and that combo just came a part of a reply.