Spending the day at a resort beach

ctalldog

Regarding the Westin, Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, Grand Cayman Beach Suites or any other "hotel or resort" that do not allow day passes, is there any way to get dropped off at one of those places, walk right on through, lay on the beach, no need to use their pool or beach chairs but be able to buy food and drinks at their beach bar/restaurant for a day? And if so, is there a trick to all this?

Thanks!

All of GC's beaches are public....even those in front of the pricey hotels! You do not need to rent loungers, if lying on the towel is your thing. You can rent chairs without doing it through a hotel, too. Hotels will be crowded with their guests....not everyone on the island is a cruise passenger!

None of the beaches are THAT crowded....it's a looooong beach! (Not quite 7 miles, despite the name!)

The Marriott does sell day passes but chewck the beach as it was virtually nonexistent when we spent 2 weeks there last year. It was scheduled to be reclaimed last Nov.

All beaches are free to the public up to the high mark or so. There is a walk-through near the Marriott.

Stop at Coconut Joe's across the street for drink specials before heading back to town.

• 5 months later...
Just checked resort for a day for our april 29, 2014 arrival and the quote was $179 for 1-4 people! That's a lot!!

Going to email the hotel directly

We booked through the resort directly, instead of going through resort for a day, and it was only $99 for 1-4 people.

Whoops, my bad...I was quoting the email from the Westin St. Maarten at a rate of $99. This is the reply I received from Westin Grand Cayman..:)

Thank you for inquiring here in Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa!

We can only offer day use rooms with the rate of $119USD plus 13 % tax &10% service charge.

The stay for this will only cover maximum of 4 people including the children. Please provide ages to see for possible consideration.

The deposit policy will be entire stay and is fully refundable 7 days prior to the arrival date.

Let us know if we could assist you further on this.

Best Regards,

Yes Tamara

As far as I can see you get the room for the day and the use of all facilities...If you search you will see some reports of people who have done this and found the room to be quite lovely. Of course with the room you get the Westin Heavenly bed and the use of everything in the room including bath and shower.

• 1 month later...
No. Families are welcome!

Ok, cause the following paragraph almost seems to imply they would "consider" allowing children...

The stay for this will only cover maximum of 4 people including the children. Please provide ages to see for possible consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok, cause the following paragraph almost seems to imply they would "consider" allowing children...

I think that means that if the child is really little, they might not count them toward the 4 people. You could have 4 adults and a baby, for instance. :)

I think that means that if the child is really little, they might not count them toward the 4 people. You could have 4 adults and a baby, for instance. :)

Ok. Thanks.

Looks like a nice resort for sure!

• 5 weeks later...

What exactly do you get with the purchase of a day pass other than a room? I was just going to take the bus to the Westin and from there just purchase anything else we might need, Chairs/cabanas, food, drink etc....We don't really need the use of a room so I was just wondering what I would be missing if I don't go with the day pass. :)

I could be wrong but I think you cannot use the facilities of the Westin without the day pass...you can use the beach, however, because I believe all beaches are public but you would not be able to rent loungers etc without the pass...

FYI, I emailed the Westin regarding the day room for our January 7th visit and received the following response:

"We are sorry to inform you that we do not offer day use on the dates you provided, for they are high season.

Note that the low season starts on May and ends on November.

Should you have any alternative dates to check please let us know."

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Just talked to the Front Desk at the Westin. We will be there July 29th and inquired about the "Day Pass". It will be $121 for a room (you have to get a room) for up to 4 people. Sounds like a deal to me after our last two trips to GC. We went to Royal Palms.....sat in their very uncomfortable chairs with crowds and crowds of people and the wifi did not work. The guy at the Front Desk was very friendly....said that the day we are coming is not busy at all.....no need for reservations. Can't wait!

I'm following this.... I too am interested in cab fare. I'll be on the Carnival Magic and will be in GC on the 2nd of October. I've done the Stingray City 4 times already and this time, just want to lay on the beach with an adult beverage and maybe have some local cuisine... Any info would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have done the day hotel pass in the Bahamas and the resort included kayaking, snorkeling, etc.. as part of the price. Did you do this option at the Westin and are any of the recreation included without additional fees?

Thanks,

Heather