2-16-17 Thursday Weigh-In...Food Is Hard To Give Up We Know..Why?

Belle

You don't need to live by smoking or drinking booze

But you need food to live but to much and you snooze

You/me need food to survive we know

But don't need all we eat and have to say no

Even healthy food we can eat to much everyday

A plus if we could throw all the sweets away

Some even have trouble drinking the water we should

It's what we should drink instead of all the soda's we could

Now exercise is a major job for all of us but a few

Some can do it easy and others their "exercise things" are still new

This thread was started to help everyone each week

So everyone could come into weigh and lose pounds they seek

Is this thread helping.. People come in and read by the 100's but don't check-in

We are down to a few.. if you don't come in you can't win

Are we not posting enough.. not giving enough advice

Posting each week keeps you accountable.. Come in.. We're Nice

Everyone come in and give helpful tips.

Have some food prepare ahead even if just

healthy snacks. Something to grab when your

want something to eat. Could be before you cook dinner

in the afternoon or after work.. Whenever. That's the time when we grab

THE WRONG THINGS TO EAT.. RIGHT?

So grab THE RIGHT THINGS!

Have some hardboiled eggs.

Some chicken breasts cooked up.

Have salad fixings.

Have some ff sf jello made up.

I made some veggie soup. Froze some in batches.

Can take some out and heat.

When I make a meal, l make extras so you have leftovers.

When I have things to eat right away... I eat better.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO HELP YOURSELF LOSE?

Set goal of 20 lbs gone by cruise - plan was to lose a pound a week and started 5 months prior to cruise - began logging everything I are and drank in MyFitnessPal, bought a Fitbit and food scale. Am not a gym rat so my exercise was exclusively walking. I did take the weight off as planned by cutting 500 calories per day.

While I came home from my 10'night cruise with an extra 8 pounds, I got rid of it quickly by following my pre-cruise routine. We enjoyed our meals (in Blu and specialty restaurants on Celebrity Reflection) and beverage package as well as coffee drinks and sweets from Cafe al Bacio. So, I was pretty proud of myself.

I have taken off a few more pounds since then. I need to up my walking again to gain some momentum toward my new goal of another 10 pounds gone by the end of April in time for the next cruise adventure. Colder weather and other things have gotten in my way. So, time to recommit!

Must admit, the most important changes I made were wearing a Fitbit and and weighing and logging the things I ate and drank (unless I couldn't find the food in or add the recipe to MyFitnessPal app). I drank more water and focused on eating healthier foods. As someone who loves sweets, I worked hard to make better choices and used the food scale to mange portion sizes. I also began eating breakfast every day and upped my protein intake for breakfast; Greek yoghurt with granola and berries or dried apricots became a routine, with eggs as an alternative. I found a list of high protein snacks on Pinterest and it hangs on my refrigerator, providing a source of new food ideas when the old standby's become boring.

Good job all you losers!! :D Nice to see the scale going down. I was up 1.3 this week, kinda figured. Watched it increase on Sunday and never came back down. But wasn't the best with my eating habits either. Old habits creeping back in. Stress, busy life, leaving Saturday for our cruise, getting my 2nd sinus infection in a month and asthma is flaring up - back on antibiotics and prednisone. Gotta make sure I feel good on my cruise!

No weigh in for me next week as we'll be in Grand Cayman swimming with sting rays and snorkeling (hopefully, weather permitting). Then it'll be the dreaded, how much did I gain on my cruise and I'll really buckle down.

Good luck all!

I was delayed starting my work out... but now Im 20 days in to my 30 day workout. I haven't weighed myself, Im saving that for the end of the 30days. I don't think ive lost much, but I feel better and Im trying to convince myself that's what important right now lol.

Keep it up!

On Sunday nights I make egg cups. You might have seen the recipes floating around the internet. So perfect - heat up 2 or 3 for breakfast or lunch and Im good to go!

Hello,

I stayed the same. Hubby and I have been busy with Spring cleaning (which kicks my behind worse than the gym!).

I weeded our entire backyard which was a ton of work. But it's pretty again instead of a forest with waist high weeds.

Congrats losers. Some lost great amounts. That's wonderful. Aratski, have a great cruise. Wish I was going........

When I need a snack I have pretzels, fruit or a yogurt.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Diana

Hello Everyone....:)

Looks like we had a good weigh-in week.

Had loss's or just little gains. Weigh To Go!

I lost a pound this week

Seems like a lot of exercise going on.. Great Job!

Good tips on what you have around to eat when you need a snack.

Keep it up this week, can you believe February

is half over already.

Bon Voyage Aratski.

Egg cups? Share the recipe please? I haven't heard of them and I like to eat one egg, 1 egg white scrambled with Sara Lee 45 calorie bread for breakfast. Would love a new egg recipe.

Side note, although it's not weigh day. I weighed myself this early early morning, thank you prednisone for waking me up SO early!, however. Got on the scale and was down 1.9 from yesterday!! I'll take that as my new pre-cruise weight!! Ha!

Work my city job this morning. Then mani/pedi, Finish packing, calling credit card company, go to bank for 1's and 5's for tipping, then try and sleep tonight [emoji16]

First cruise here I come!! Looking forward to it!! Wahoooooooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

190 this morning - 3rd week in a row.

Evening snacking is killing me.

Sitting in the airport this early am, re-committing to myself to stay the course at this 2 day meeting.

Great thread this week - thank you all for some awesome contributions and ideas.

Egg cups? Share the recipe please? I haven't heard of them and I like to eat one egg, 1 egg white scrambled with Sara Lee 45 calorie bread for breakfast. Would love a new egg recipe.

You can google egg cups for more ideas, but here is one link that has a few recipes: https://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/recipes/3-easy-21-day-fix-egg-cup-recipes

you can put whatever you want in them and just follow the baking instructions. I'll get ground turkey and season it myself (since Italian sausage usually is high in everything), add chopped bell peppers and or spinach.[EDIT: I cook the turkey before putting it into the tins if that was clear lol] I'll put cheese in half the batch for my BF. I whisk about 6 eggs (give or take) at time in a separate bowl since im never sure how much Ill end up using. But it does usually take about a dozen. pour the egg over the other ingredients in the muffin tin and voila. If you heat up 2 at a time it takes about 45 seconds or 1 minute for 3 egg cups.

:D

Hello All

Good to see you all here and giving tips. Keep them

coming.

Where's Jo, Mel, Rob and the rest of you?

Plus where is "you that are thinking of joining us"?

Join us!

Aratski. .Have a great time!

shootr.. Stay the course

Everyone watch it if you have a 3 day weekend, can make it harder to stay on track.

Have a good weekend!:cool:

Hi all!

What an active thread this week! WTG losers, there's always next week gainers!;)

We just got back from Panama Thursday at 11:30 pm so I weighed on Friday & was up 2.2 lbs. I had wondered if the stair climbing/walking, perspiring would counteract the food excess but it didn't.:o

We had a great time but I prefer cruises to all inclusive resorts. Ships are air conditioned when you go place to place & have much more to do. One day it was 94 in the shade on our balcony!

Another day we were sitting at the riverside restaurant of our resort & saw the NCL Jewel going through the Canal. That was a thrill for me!

Aratski ~ have a great time on the Breeze. Looking forward to hearing how you enjoyed your first cruise. Bon voyage!

See you next week.

~ Jo ~ :D

It's 3:30am. I can't sleep. Super excited I board the Breeze at 11:00-11.30. Galveston express comes at 9! Checking weather for

Fog in Galveston and at the ports.

Met up last night with some dear friends we haven't seen in 1.5 yrs. ate some great Texas BBQ near our hotel, free hotel shuttle there, that's was nice. Have never seen a cruise ship up close and in person. This should

Be quite the experience. My friends are super excited to watch the expressions on our faces. Haha. It'll be their 6/7th cruise!13ebcc1c83be8021fe9a84680f0727ec.jpg

133c216832fc1350fa285480c8dc835a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Miriam.. Long time no see. How are you doing?

Still loving baseball? Still cruising? Wish you will

"type" your body in here more.

Jan took a break but was coming back in the

new year but hasn't made it back yet. Hope she

returns soon.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoying today. Be good Thursday is coming!

Hi Miriam.. Wrote an other post but then it got lost in Computer Space Or Where Ever It Goes!:p

How are you? Still cruising? Still enjoying baseball?

Wish you would "type" yourself in here more.

Jan took a break but was coming back in the

New Year but hasn't made it back in yet.

Yes I'm still in here. Can't give up.. No matter if

doing good or bad. Plus who else would write my silly poems?:D

Hope everyone's weekend went well and your

enjoying your Monday. Be good because Thursday

is coming!