Polynesian Culture Center for 5 year old

oaktreerb

After looking at the very expensive packages for the PCC on Oahu I am wondering about the advisability of doing the night show. We'll be doing a luau elsewhere.

It looks like the snack shops close at 5:00 when the villages close and then the options are luau or buffet (this kid is a picky eater) and to get the best seats at the show the guest has to choose a higher priced buffet/luau option.

How long is the night show? Is the seating graduated so that a small child would be able to see the show?

Is there a cheaper dining option after 5:00 other than the luau or buffet where one could just get a hamburger or hot dog?

We may decide to just go to the daytime activities and skip the evening. I know the show is highly rated but for kids????

Unless something has changed in the past few years:

1. There is a McDonalds that sits right next to the PCCs's parking lot. I think the PCC allows in and out passes.

2. The not to be missed, night show, is 90 minutes with a 10 minute intermission.

3. The main theatre is stadium style so most, if not all, seats have a good view. Obviously, money buys the best seats (near the stage).

IMO (but then I have never had any kids) the evening show will be the least boring part of the day for everyone (and I am not saying that the day's activities will be boring).

We have been twice never knew the snack shop closed. However the buffet is very very good with nice atmosphere. Maybe call them an

But my concern is your 5 yr old. (not having kids of our own) you need to consider how long of a day it will be starting with 45 min drive/bus ride there and back.

The PCC is 35 acres although the villages are located reasonably close to one another.

The best way to see the villages and their mini shows is to book the package that includes a tour guide as they know the route well and will get you to each village on time and y'll also have front row seating ( these shows are class room size) just to give you an idea.

All this and the evening show Ha Breath Of Life which gets rave reviews make for a long day.

Here is a link to reviews of the show http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g60656-d1083842-r195095865-Polynesian_Cultural_Center-Laie_Oahu_Hawaii.html

The seating is a 3/4 round encircling the stage, if you book early enough you may get front row seats, as for the 5 yr old not sure but all this would be worth a call or an email.

The adult pricing is worth the money, but I'm not sure that I agree with 5 yr old pricing.

The drive along the North Shore is beautiful, if you take PCC bus sit on passenger side for the ocean.

Thanks everybody! We'll splurge and do the buffet and premium seating for the show. Hopefully the kids (5 and 8) will enjoy the villages and I'm sure they will probably enjoy the show as long as they can see the stage performers. The tour guide comes with the package.

Mahalo and Aloha

• 4 weeks later...

I went with a 2 and 3 year old and they had a lot of fun. There's lots of activities for the kids at the different villages. They got a bit restless during the nighttime show, but the day was doable.

I sort of remember them saying you couldn't go in and out, meaning you wouldn't be able to go to the McDonalds, but I don't remember 100%.

July 2012 ~ Celebrity Infinity ~ Alaska