100 Minute Tours in Vigo, Spain

delaney71

I hadn´t seen this before sorry for that. Questions, if it´s not too late.

-I don´t know excatly the location but should you make any online booking they could have the car exactly at the port. I am sure the Tourist Office could suggest any company.

-Nebr cruiser. It´s not much but could have a glimpse of the core of the main old city sights. For more than two people I would bargain a good fare with the taxis outside the port. They usually take passengers to Santiago, and wait for them for a few hours.

-I have put my email in my profile, so you should be able to send a private mail.

• 1 month later...
Never heard about them, but I will find out tomorrow.

Keltic:

We just returned from our cruise to Vigo and loved visiting Santiago. Really a great excursion. We used Galicia Mystic Tours and they did a great job.

Thanks for suggesting that we visit Santiago. It was worth the visit!

Now I know why you use the handle "Keltic"..........never knew about the Celtic influence in Spain! Bagpipes and all!!!

I've been back a while and am reporting that we did take the ship's tour (Jewel) due to short time in port. We did enjoy seeing a glimpse of Santiago--mainly the cathedral of course--but, as we knew, it didn't give us time to do anything else at all in Vigo. We enjoyed the drive through the countryside, but it was a typical bus tour--which we are not fond of. In retrospect, we'd probably try to arrange an independent tour if we did it over.

We vowed to stay with our independent tours whenever possible from now on.

• 7 months later...

We have been in touch with "Travels with Friends" Ken Diaz and want to know if anyone has used this group. I've been burned once so I'm cautious. It is way too expensive but will be worth it if we get a good trip. Or so I am telling myself. There will be 6 of us on the trip and it is coming in at 645 Euro without a guide for 7 hours.

Any advice?

The trip takes us to Santiago & then to Ponte Vedra on the way back to the ship. It is in September if that helps.

I don't know how to make a prive e-mail to Keltic, but advice would be helped.

Thanks,

BBAppel

• 4 years later...

is there anyone on the repositioning of the Oasis that is looking for what to do in our only stop, Vigo, Spain. heard that it was the sardine capital of the world.....is there some kind of tour of that aspect of the town? would love to know what others are doing. Thanks, Zebra 2955

is there anyone on the repositioning of the Oasis that is looking for what to do in our only stop, Vigo, Spain. heard that it was the sardine capital of the world.....is there some kind of tour of that aspect of the town? would love to know what others are doing. Thanks, Zebra 2955

You've really resurrected a very old thread here, and one that belongs in the Spain forum. I will suggest you ask your question there (and do a Vigo search there first), but I will also say that we have been to Vigo, and it's not that interesting a port call. I would highly recommend taking an excursion to Santiago de Compostela, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site, home to a fascinating medieval cathedral. Again, easy to research all this on line, including here on CC.

Have a great trip!

Vigo is mostly industrial with a few relevant buildings in the tiny small town. Just get the pasarale over the port shopping center and you'll get there.

Oysters and seafood is the local food. Suggestions in summer time Cies Islands which a reachable getting a boat next to the cruising port. As it's protected area bookings are essential. Then the entchanting village of Baiona, and perhaps to Portugal in a tour.

Of course Santiago is the highlight and neighbouring Pontevedra is also recommended by train.

I recommend to rent a car.

We really enjoyed Vigo. We took the Tourist Office bus tour which took one and a half hours and was pretty cheap. There is a very nice beach area just outside the city, some nice buildings and municipal sculptures, and there are good seafood restaurants within walking distance of the port.