South Beach Oceanfront Hotel December

kitkat9438

I desparately need some advice on an ocean front South Beach hotel for post cruise on December 14th. I've researched until I'm blue in the face. :D

The last time we cruised out of Miami we stayed at the Eden Roc. While a beautiful hotel, you really need a car since it's far from South Beach and everything else. We don't plan on renting a car so it would be nice to be within walking distance of some nice restaurants and maybe the Lincoln Road shopping area. Major criteria is beach front room with a balcony, close to restaurants and a nice pool.

It looks like most of the hotels that I've been looking at are comparable in price, around $300-$400 after taxes.

The Fountainbleau has been recommended on here, but it looks like it is located near the Eden Roc so not really close to South Beach.

The main hotels I'm look at are:

1. The Z (rated #3 on Tripadvisor)

2. Fountainbleau

3. Eden Roc

4. Loews

I am open to other suggestions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Personally if "South Beach" is what you want, I wouldn't stay further north than around 14th st. Nothing wrong with being north in Miami Beach other than you will be further from clubs and the main people watching area. Might want to look at the Atlantic Resort too. That's around 10th I think.

I don't need to be near clubs. Just want a nice place to stay where we won't need a car.

Thanks!

Stay at Lincoln Road and South. Easy walking all over. Or you too can use the little 25 cent South Beach loop bus.

I desparately need some advice on an ocean front South Beach hotel for post cruise on December 14th. I've researched until I'm blue in the face. :D

The last time we cruised out of Miami we stayed at the Eden Roc. While a beautiful hotel, you really need a car since it's far from South Beach and everything else. We don't plan on renting a car so it would be nice to be within walking distance of some nice restaurants and maybe the Lincoln Road shopping area. Major criteria is beach front room with a balcony, close to restaurants and a nice pool.

It looks like most of the hotels that I've been looking at are comparable in price, around $300-$400 after taxes.

The Fountainbleau has been recommended on here, but it looks like it is located near the Eden Roc so not really close to South Beach.

The main hotels I'm look at are:

1. The Z (rated #3 on Tripadvisor)

2. Fountainbleau

3. Eden Roc

4. Loews

I am open to other suggestions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Without a doubt the Loews is everything you want. It is right smack in the middle of South Beach and almost ground zero for Lincoln Road Mall.

It is a fantastic resort, last time I stayed there Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake were beside me at the pool.

Archived