Buying Coffee at Falmouth

Raxter54

Just a quick question. i plan to buy a couple pounds of Blue Mountain coffee at Falmouth to give to friends at home. Is the coffee something that I would have to declare to Customs when I return to NOLA? Don't travel much so am pretty ignorant about Customs and such...

Yes you have to declare everything you purchase abroad because there is a limit on how much you can bring back tax / duty free. I think it is around $800.00. You can find the exact amount on Customs website.

Yes you have to declare everything you purchase abroad because there is a limit on how much you can bring back tax / duty free. I think it is around $800.00. You can find the exact amount on Customs website.

Thanks for that information. Pretty sure I won't be getting quite that much coffee :)

• 1 month later...
Has anybody tried to buy coffee there how can you be sure the quality of the Blue Mountain coffee?

Just remember there are 2 qualities of coffee, Blue Mountain and High Mountain. Blue Mountain is the top quality and the most expensive. High Mountain is a blend and is more readily found.

• 1 month later...

Which can really only be tracked if you pay with credit card. This is the reason that I use cash only in ports.

Which can really only be tracked if you pay with credit card. This is the reason that I use cash only in ports.

If you come back from Jamaica with a couple hundred dollars worth of Blue Mountain coffee in your luggage and no coffee listed on your declaration form...cash or credit.... you gonna have some splaining to do!:)

FYI - make sure you get Blue Mountain coffee not Blue Mountain BLEND.

you want 100% Blue Mountain, not a bag that has two or three beans of Blue Mountain in it! :-)

Can't wait to get some of my own next month.

Edited by euphio

• 5 months later...
FYI - make sure you get Blue Mountain coffee not Blue Mountain BLEND.

you want 100% Blue Mountain, not a bag that has two or three beans of Blue Mountain in it! :-)

Can't wait to get some of my own next month.

Did you end up getting some coffee? Where did you find it and how was the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk