vegetarian

baileydanae

Hi Everyone,

So I am a vegetarian and may be going on a cruise soon. We are looking at the conquest and the glory. I see both of them have the guy's burgers and the blue iguana, and was wondering if they offered vegetarian options, such as black bean burgers or rice and black bean burritos? Any other knowledge or tips for the rest of the cruise would be appreciated too! Thanks!

if they offered vegetarian options, such as black bean burgers or rice and black bean burritos? Any other knowledge or tips for the rest of the cruise would be appreciated too! Thanks!

No veggie patty at Guy's.

Here's the menu:

Guy's

With Blue Iguana you have plenty of toppings and fillers without any meat. And they have black beans at lunch.

Blue Iguana Breakfast

Blue Iguana Lunch

Dinner in the MDR has vegetarian dishes plus they always have an Indian vegetarian item every night.

Edited by hirent

Enjoy life. Eat meat!!! My mother hates vegetables AND fruit. She turns 90 this summer and has never weighed more than 140 pounds. She's 5ft 7inches. Still driving a car and living on her own. Nothing tastes better than a steak off the grill. Or a burger.

There was a thread on here yesterday, where a Dad asked on behalf of his vegetarian daughter about guy's burger. I made a suggestion, but got flack from someone who said that my idea did not equal a veggie burger, oh well....here goes again:o

As others have suggested ask first if there is a veggie burger, and if not, you could ask for the bun without the burger, and fries if you wish those too. Then you can take your burger to the guy's toppings bar for many non meat items, and also blue iguana not far away from there has beans and again many non meat items.

yes, I know this is not the same as a veggie burger per se, but it is very delicious, and it is what I did once. I'm not vegetarian, but don't eat much meat, and certainly almost never eat ground beef, though I made an exception for one guy burger, then decided I liked it better without the meat.

So, it is just a suggestion, but do ask first if they have a veggie burger, as some do report that they have gotten them.

Also, the vegetarian options in the dining room at dinner are quite tasty, there is always one, as well as the vegetarian indian meal.

Have a great cruise:)

Edited by SMSACE6

If you request (they want 2 week notice minimum), you could get Indian Vegetarian for the main dining room. Look on Carnival website/search about special diets/special needs.

The Indian Vegetarian is available on the Every Day menu. It's my 'go to meal' if I cannot find anything else that interests me.

FWIW The Indian non-Vegetarian needs to be preordered the night before. The only difference is the protein is switched out. Had both the non-Veg and standard Indian on the Miracle last month.

What ports? I've had many vegetarian items in 'local' (not catering to the American tourist) restaurants in Mexico. We've enjoyed Flor de Calabasa quesadillas and Rajas y Cebolla huaraches (like a tostada). All sorts of Agua Frescas- Horchata, Sandia, Melon. Won't find those in the typical tourist restaurants.

Edited by SadieN

I was on the Pride for a B2B Jan 17-Feb 7....I asked for a veggie burger and they made me one. You have to wait like 10 minutes. If you ask the Maitre'D on the lido he sends someone to the dining room to get them. Since I was on the ship 21 days they brought some up to the Guy's. Hopefully they will be as accommodating to you. The Blue Iguana is of course not a issue as you build your own and there are tons of options...The deli has a veggie sandwich..and they have a great salad bar also . Trust me you will not have ANY trouble finding wonderful options :)

Enjoy life. Eat meat!!! My mother hates vegetables AND fruit. She turns 90 this summer and has never weighed more than 140 pounds. She's 5ft 7inches. Still driving a car and living on her own. Nothing tastes better than a steak off the grill. Or a burger.

Wow....that's wonderful. My mom is about the same...but 86. I just wanted to say one thing. I have two friends that have been vegetarians for YEARS. Being a vegetarian does NOT mean you are going to be skinny. Both of my friends are morbidly OBESE. Why? Because they BOTH eat tons and tons of carbs. Pasta, bread, potatoes, chips, rice, cheese......on and on. I have YET in my lifetime, met a skinny vegan.

Being vegetarian does not have to mean that you consume too many carbs. There are many many non meat sources of protein. If you are careful to consume adequate non meat protein, than there is no need to resort to carbs for sustenance.

I am talking vegetarian, not vegan. I would have trouble maintaining a vegan diet.

All this said, I have been vegetarian for a while, then went back to eating small amounts of meat, and that is the way I live today.

Just because one diet works for you, does not mean it has to be for everyone.

Eat meat if you want, be vegan or vegetarian. It boils down to what works for the individual. Good to have choices.

Being vegetarian does not have to mean that you consume too many carbs. There are many many non meat sources of protein. If you are careful to consume adequate non meat protein, than there is no need to resort to carbs for sustenance.

I am talking vegetarian, not vegan. I would have trouble maintaining a vegan diet.

All this said, I have been vegetarian for a while, then went back to eating small amounts of meat, and that is the way I live today.

Just because one diet works for you, does not mean it has to be for everyone.

Eat meat if you want, be vegan or vegetarian. It boils down to what works for the individual. Good to have choices.

Carnival also does very good vegan. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival also does very good vegan. ;)

I am glad that they do, and not surprised. They also do gluten free well, according to many. I only meant that I would find it hard to be vegan anywhere. Just not for me, and that was my point. Different diets for different folks, just because one works for me, doesn't mean it has to work for all. (Ref, above posts about eating meat and being healthy into their senior years)

I enjoy vegetarian food, and Indian food and can eat a meal without meat. However, I also love meat.

I always wonder why a vegetarian would go to a place that specializes in hamburgers or steaks or chicken. Guy burgers is a "hamburger" place and so anything else is not a burger. Same thing at a steakhouse or at KFC.

The ship has plenty of options to eat.

She has good genes:) There are other reasons to not eat meat:p

There was a thread on here yesterday, where a Dad asked on behalf of his vegetarian daughter about guy's burger. I made a suggestion, but got flack from someone who said that my idea did not equal a veggie burger, oh well....here goes again:o

As others have suggested ask first if there is a veggie burger, and if not, you could ask for the bun without the burger, and fries if you wish those too. Then you can take your burger to the guy's toppings bar for many non meat items, and also blue iguana not far away from there has beans and again many non meat items.

yes, I know this is not the same as a veggie burger per se, but it is very delicious, and it is what I did once. I'm not vegetarian, but don't eat much meat, and certainly almost never eat ground beef, though I made an exception for one guy burger, then decided I liked it better without the meat.

So, it is just a suggestion, but do ask first if they have a veggie burger, as some do report that they have gotten them.

Also, the vegetarian options in the dining room at dinner are quite tasty, there is always one, as well as the vegetarian indian meal.

Have a great cruise:)

very good helpful suggestion:D

We just cruised and my husband is a vegetarian and I'm mostly vegan. Vegan at home and as often as possible when eating out. We had plenty of options in the dining room with the Indian vegetarian available nightly and another vegetarian option available along with it. We were able to get a veggie burger at the buffet on the ship, just ask and they'll make it for you. This was not at Guys, but just the regular buffet.

I was super disappointed in the new room service menu. You can't even order a plain cheese quesadilla by asking for it with no chicken or steak because they're all pre-made. I also tried to get the Philly steak without meat and that was also no. But the dining room was great and the buffet pretty good.

I have been vegetarian at least my last two cruises, and I lean heavily vegan due to dairy allergy/sensitivity I didn't have any trouble finding lots of options. I don't really like most veggie burgers (so didn't ask) and never starved for sure. One disappointment was none of the sauces at the Mongolian place were vegetarian. I believe they use fish stock or something. But they still were able to make me something with some soy sauce for flavor.

I also always had to ask for soy milk and sometimes I swear they had to paddle to shore to retrieve it. Blue iguana my best luck was with the salsa bar and a tortilla but if you eat egg they have that in the mornings at least.

I have been vegetarian at least my last two cruises, and I lean heavily vegan due to dairy allergy/sensitivity I didn't have any trouble finding lots of options. I don't really like most veggie burgers (so didn't ask) and never starved for sure. One disappointment was none of the sauces at the Mongolian place were vegetarian. I believe they use fish stock or something. But they still were able to make me something with some soy sauce for flavor.

I also always had to ask for soy milk and sometimes I swear they had to paddle to shore to retrieve it. Blue iguana my best luck was with the salsa bar and a tortilla but if you eat egg they have that in the mornings at least.

Interesting, we both had Mongolian wok and they told us it was vegetarian. We each tried a different sauce and had a long conversation with them about being vegetarian...but that's the worse part is trusting they know what they are telling you to be true.

Interesting, we both had Mongolian wok and they told us it was vegetarian. We each tried a different sauce and had a long conversation with them about being vegetarian...but that's the worse part is trusting they know what they are telling you to be true.

I know I try my best when eating out but there are people that think fish is still vegetarian, or chicken stock is ok, etc...and who knows maybe they have since changed the sauces.