Time from San Pedro to LAX

Toodang

You didn't mention if you are traveling on a weekend or a weekday or what month and day. All of this information would help.

On a weekend, I would say around 45 minutes. And, you want to get to the airport at least 2 hours before your flight.

Keith

It also depends on how many ships are also in port at the same time. If there are 3 ships in port, you will be lucky to make the flight, esp. if there are any Immigration or Customs delays for anyone on the ship. I have seen people not get off the ship until nearly noon when there are 3 ships in port. I would recommend pushing back your flight, or staying over another day to be safe.

We sailed Monarch last week and returned on Friday the 9th. We were off the ship at 8am and at LAX a few minutes after 9am!!! Everything played to our advantage that morning - quickly located our luggage, private shuttle to the pier (there were 4 of us and it was only $4 more to book a private shuttle) and practically no traffic from San Pedro to LAX - Nashville grid lock is much worse that what we experienced in LA.

With all that said, I would be wary of booking anything earlier than noon. I heeded all the advice from people on this forum from the LA area and booked a flight at 1pm. We were lucky and arrived at the airport early enough that they were able to move us on an earlier non-stop flight and we arrived home about 5 hours earlier than originally scheduled. But if you aren't as lucky as we were, any small delay will have you in a heap of "airport waiting" or worse, delayed a day due to a missed flight.

One thing you might want to check on is how your ship assigns color tags to bags. We have always been assigned a color based on our flight time home - earlier flights get earlier departures. Monarch, however, assigns colors based on your stateroom floor. We were on the 3rd floor and received red tags. We discovered that red is the next to last color called. We took our tags to guest relations and exchanged them for a color (lavender) 3 or 4 before red and were called to exit the ship at 8am.

Another option to exit the ship earlier to get an earlier flight is to use the express option and carry all your bags yourself. You must be able to carry all your bags without assistance, but they called express people around 7:15am on our sailing.

Enjoy your trip!

Sunday November 4th we returned on Vision of Seas and there were two other cruise ships there. We took the 800 red vans with 6 of us for $72. We were off the ship by 9:15 and at airport through security by 1000 am. Our flight was at 100pm and we could have made the 11:30. We were flying US Air to east coast and there was a line at security. The travel time was under 25 minutes. This was the same time it took us to go from Marriott LAX the previous Sunday morning. Hope this helps. Also 1/2 the price of what Royal Carib wanted.

Archived