Ft Lauderdale - Hyatt Place 17th St - Shuttle to Port?

Toddcan

Flying in late at night on the night before our cruise - we arrive at 12:30am. We are booked at the Hyatt Place, which has a really nice deal through some valuetrips.com link I saw here on Cruise Critic (Thanks everyone for that information!).

We have to catch a taxi from FLL since their airport shuttle stops at 10pm. Ok, no problem.

But, I understand they have a shuttle which takes you to the port in the morning. I've heard that it leaves only once per hour - 10am, 11am, and Noon. Can anyone confirm this? I would think the shuttle would be packed - at least booked up for the 10-11am times?

Can anyone who has done this shed any light on how busy/booked up the shuttle can get? I want to be on the early one. Failing that, I will just cab it over.

Thoughts? Insights?

Flying in late at night on the night before our cruise - we arrive at 12:30am. We are booked at the Hyatt Place, which has a really nice deal through some valuetrips.com link I saw here on Cruise Critic (Thanks everyone for that information!).

We have to catch a taxi from FLL since their airport shuttle stops at 10pm. Ok, no problem.

But, I understand they have a shuttle which takes you to the port in the morning. I've heard that it leaves only once per hour - 10am, 11am, and Noon. Can anyone confirm this? I would think the shuttle would be packed - at least booked up for the 10-11am times?

Can anyone who has done this shed any light on how busy/booked up the shuttle can get? I want to be on the early one. Failing that, I will just cab it over.

Thoughts? Insights?

I stayed at the Hyatt for my March 2014 cruise and took the shuttle from the hotel to the pier. After you check in at the front desk, ask to have your name added to the list for shuttle transportation to the pier. I was on the 10am shuttle and, if I recall, there were two shuttles for transportation to the pier. I'm not sure how often the shuttles run. You may want to call the Hyatt directly to inquire. The only drawback to taking the shuttle was our driver waited until he had a full bus before departing. Fortunately, everyone was going to the same ship terminal.

Since I am not traveling solo this trip, we opted to take a taxi to the pier. Other cc state that the price may be cheaper than the shuttle and we will be dropped off at the ship's terminal as opposed to stopping at other terminals to drop off shuttle passengers.

Thoughts? Insights?

I stayed at the Hyatt for my March 2014 cruise and took the shuttle from the hotel to the pier. After you check in at the front desk, ask to have your name added to the list for shuttle transportation to the pier. I was on the 10am shuttle and, if I recall, there were two shuttles for transportation to the pier. I'm not sure how often the shuttles run. You may want to call the Hyatt directly to inquire. The only drawback to taking the shuttle was our driver waited until he had a full bus before departing. Fortunately, everyone was going to the same ship terminal.

Since I am not traveling solo this trip, we opted to take a taxi to the pier. Other cc state that the price may be cheaper than the shuttle and we will be dropped off at the ship's terminal as opposed to stopping at other terminals to drop off shuttle passengers.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks everyone! I understand the Hyatt shuttle is $7 per person. I also read that a cab ride to the port would be about $15-20 with tip.

I think I will just take a cab - I know it will take us directly to our terminal, and not have to drop 20 other people off at other terminals like the shuttle will likely do.

Thanks everyone! I understand the Hyatt shuttle is $7 per person. I also read that a cab ride to the port would be about $15-20 with tip.

I think I will just take a cab - I know it will take us directly to our terminal, and not have to drop 20 other people off at other terminals like the shuttle will likely do.

If you have 2 or more people, take a cab. Hyatt Place will even call one for you, or just stand out front as people are arriving from the ships in cabs. Cost is the same basically, and no waiting.

DaveOKC

• 4 weeks later...

I'll have a group of 6 to get to the ship. Any suggestions? Maybe a taxi mini-van?

Does anyone know if the airport shuttles do indeed stop at 10pm? 5 of us are coming down and landing at 6:15 but my wife will be landing at 11:40 pm. So would a taxi be her best bet? About how much would that be?

Thanks!

The airport shuttle does stop at 10pm. I recently called the hotel for confirmation. Not sure what the taxi fare is from the airport. Another cc stated that she had reserved a Yellow cab the night before for transportation from the hotel to the pier.

The shuttle from the airport only runs every hour so one could have a wait depending on flight time. We just take a cab for this hotel, last December it was 13.20 from the airport to the hotel for 4 and no wait time. plenty of cabs at the airport. They have some taxi vans.

We used the hotel shuttle in December, there were 6 of us. It only went to our ship as there were enough passengers to fill the shuttle. There were 2 shuttles, one for princess one for royal

Edited by setsail

Have your wife cab it from FLL. Easy to do. Will be less than$15 .

Cab runs about the same to the port. Again easy. If 2 or more, and wanting to go nonstop to your ship, on your schedule, definitely use cab/s. If needed there are van cabs.

Have your wife cab it from FLL. Easy to do. Will be less than$15 .

Cab runs about the same to the port. Again easy. If 2 or more, and wanting to go nonstop to your ship, on your schedule, definitely use cab/s. If needed there are van cabs. A lot cheaper than the $7 per person shuttle rate.

• 2 months later...

I am currently on the Legend of the Seas working our way to Ft Lauderdale from San Diego and we have a night booked at the Hyatt

Anyone know if they have a shuttle from the port to the hotel ?

I am thinking the cab would be the easiest to do for the two of us.