Earliest flight out of FLL?

Cruznjuly

Like every other cruise line, Carnival has their recommended times on their website--in their case under FAQs:

What is the earliest I can book my return flight?

Recommended times for outbound air flights.

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

Shortly forthcoming will be a string of replies stating they have made a 10:00 flight with time to spare.

Interspersed with those stating that 12:00 is too risky, they have missed later flights when there has been even a small delay at the start of disembarkation.

It's all about your comfort level: for the 30-40 minute ride from PortMiami to FLL, do you want to spend it relaxing and thinking about what a great time you had on your cruise--or screaming at the driver to step on it, your cruise that just ended moments earlier already merely a white-knuckle memory?

Edited by fishywood

Personally I wouldn't worry about the FTTF at disembarkation. It really doesn't help you thru the crowds when you get to FLL. As Bruce said, you are going to be bumping into the Port Everglades people. I'd much rather sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast and be one of the last off and look to book a flight at 1:00 or later.

How do you plan on getting from POM to FLL? What are your flight choices?

Edited by eandj

We sailed from Miami and flew home out of FLL. We did self-assist debark and was off the ship and in our shuttle by 9am. We arrived at FLL airport in about 40 minutes but once there we needed the full 2 hours just to get back to our gate. I don't know if we hit it on an exceptionally busy day or if FLL airport is always busy but it was a zoo.... so just a heads-up to plan enough time .

I would definitely not book anything before noon...