Inside room & studio lounge

runner2013

Hi all,

I'm interested in cruising on the Breakaway the end of Sept but it looks like all the studio rooms are gone. If I book an inside room will I still have access to the studio lounge? Honestly that's one of the main reasons I want to try the Breakaway and if I can't get in I will have to think about changing when I go.

Thanks

Patty

When I cruised solo NCL on the Epic I was in a balcony cabin (I'm a bit claustrophobic for the studios) and because I was essentially a "solo" I was given a key card to use the solo lounge. I don't know if this practice would be the same on the Breakaway however. Maybe call NCL and ask?

Avril

Hello, when I went last year I was able to access it. It seemed actually this time around for me the Studio area was never even locked.

You will be able to get into the Solo gatherings as well with no problem.

My first time on it I stayed in a Balcony and was able to get in the area a few times with the assistance of a crew member as well.

Just make sure you show up a few minutes before the gathering- in my opinion no one really uses the area as much at other times during the day.

March 1.2015 I did NCL Epic in an inside cabin, and had no problem using the lounge.

I did not get a card to open the door, but 95% of the time the door was either unlocked or someone would open it for me.

I never asked for a door card, so that might be available anyway if asked for, I will try that on my next NCL cruise.

It may seem really mean, but I was one of the people in the Studios who kept closing the door and making sure it locked. I ALWAYS made sure it was open during the meeting time, but the other times of the day I closed it. I did so because once people on our floor found out there was free cookies and coffee in the lounge, kids and adults raided it two days in a row. I even walked in the one day and a group of Kids were all playing tag on the two levels. I'm fine with kids, but I booked a studio on purpose to have an exclusive area. Just sayin.

Edited by NJ Mr. E

It may seem really mean, but I was one of the people in the Studios who kept closing the door and making sure it locked. I ALWAYS made sure it was open during the meeting time, but the other times of the day I closed it. I did so because once people on our floor found out there was free cookies and coffee in the lounge, kids and adults raided it two days in a row. I even walked in the one day and a group of Kids were all playing tag on the two levels. I'm fine with kids, but I booked a studio on purpose to have an exclusive area. Just sayin.

No, you were not being mean.

On you last trip on the Epic, I and some other cruisers had to tell a family that they were not allowed to come in when the door was unlocked to raid the cookies.

Plus I was told there was at-least one other family who was sneaking in late at night when no-one else was around. I never saw them.

At-least the first family apologized, one daughter was travelling in a solo cabin, used the lounge, and when she told the rest of the family they thought it was a good idea to use too.

I can see it going either way for that family, and they did not come back after they were told it was not for them to use. However, the other family probably knew they were not to come as they only showed up late at night, but I was not one of the solo cruisers who saw them or I would had told them off.